Monday, April 14, 2014

One thing for sure

I gave a quick art demonstration at dinner party in Malibu on Friday night and then went to a gallery Saturday night and was able to talk about my work to various people.  The one conclusion I came away with after both evenings was that the people who do read MIND JAZZ most definetly know about the CERN project.  Of the 25 people who I talked with over both nights, 90% of them had never heard of CERN.

I was amazed.  And I'm guessing that of the 22 people who had never heard of CERN....99.9% of them are college graduates. 

I realize that people are focused on their own trials and tribulations and that their energies are directed toward making a living and taking care of thier families but it doesn't take very much time to expand one's horizons.

I've been writing about CERN since 2006 and now I don't feel so bad about people not knowing about my art work, my scripts and my blog....because if they don't know about the ultimate scientific search for missing particles and events that created the Universe, and has cost $10 BILLION and taken 25 years to construct with 10,000 scientists from around the world........then me being overlooked is really no big deal.

I do like telling people things they don't know....and since I don't actually know 1 trillionth of the information available in the Universe it does make me wonder what the average person thinks about.

Maybe the sentence should read.........what the average person cares about.


NEO-ILLUMINATION #6

Personel reflection is created by some hidden agenda
     Truth is created by the intensity of that agenda
                      OFTEN TIMES the truth devours our
                                                                         happiness

HAPPINESS MIGHT BE BASED ON MUCH
TRUTH...........................ONE CAN IGNORE

I can't possibly fault people for wanting to be happy.....but golly gee whiz.....a pinch more awareness can't hurt.....can it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERN

Michael Timothy McAlevey





No comments: