Friday, June 22, 2007

FACE to FACE













A few years ago I went through a "Silly" face faze, or period, if you prefer......I didn't know what else to call them so "silly" just stuck. The "silly" faces are always male and are always looking to the left....and it doesn't take a psychiatrist to straighten that one out......

On the other hand I've drawn female faces since I was very young and they always look directly forward and can't be regarded as silly......you can judge the art but the most interesting comment I hear about my "ladies" is....AND I'VE HEARD IT NUMEROUS TIMES, WHEN SHOWING PEOPLE......

"So, who are these girls?"

My answer is always the same....

"I don't know....they won't talk to me."

I realized yesterday that I had not grouped all my ladies together....never once laid them all out to view at one time.....

The interesting thing about them is that I have written notes on each drawing......it doesn't show on the pictures above but if I was framing them, I would definitely show the comments because the comments have substance that goes well beyond....the actual drawing.

I like "my ladies" and I started cataloguing them last night and realized that I probably have well over a 150 images......

Before you start complaining about them not being finished....keep one very important thing in mind....
JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEE EVERYTHING
DOESN'T MEAN IT ISN'T THERE

As I said before......I like "my ladies" and if they do start talking to me....then we have a different kind of problem....but if they do..... there are a couple of them that I hope speak first.

And obviously I didn't draw Jessica Alba but who the hell cares?

I respect all great creations and she's definitely another great reason to believe in GOD.

Michael Timothy McAlevey








No comments: