Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Wrapping up 2015 and wondering

In the opening introduction of Will Durant's The Age of Faith, a smaller insert (only about 1200 pages) of his amazing The Story of Civilization, he writes about the obligation of covering  the following areas of interest.......artistic, political, legal, medical, scientific, philosophic, literary, military, religious, economic, social and legal.  

If you were wondering, and most likely you weren't, The Age of Faith covers 325 A.D. to 1300, which is a very important period in human history....in fact, a period that in all probably accounts for a majority of the Belief Systems currently held by the human race.

Perfect place for Neo-Illumination #19 insert.

The Universe has a system of order and chaos
The Human experience is a tangent of that system
that can both
establish order
and
create chaos
BELIEF SYSTEMS DIRECTLY LEAD TO CHAOS
acceptance
with investigation and introspection
CREATES
MORE
ORDER
The mysteries of the Universe will always outnumber the known realities.
and chaos
will forever exist

OUR JOB SIMPLY MIGHT BE
TO
AVOID
EXTINCTION

Whereas I would never ever ever ever claim to be regarded on a literary level of Mr. Durant I can honestly say that in the 9 years since I started MIND JAZZ I have indeed covered all those above mentioned areas of interest.

I do note that Mr. Durant didn't mention the word Spirituality but instead most likely considered it to be part of the religious interest one should address IF one has an interest in what might have happened, what is happening and what is going to happen in the future.

I think the word spirituality needs to be separated from organized religious doctrine......or at the very least given a new separate paradigm that allows imagination to envision what our souls might be truly about.

The tern NON-PHYSICAL REALITY once more rises up in my agenda of observation.
Spirituality is a non-physical reality
The soul is a non-physical reality
Man-made Organized Religions are a very real physical reality.

Attempting to prove a non-physical reality is not a group event.  Stories can be told to one another but the proof of soul awareness and non-physical reality only lies in the individual. It's a proof that you need to find on your own.

As 2015 comes to an end (which brings up my favorite question of all time....."what is today's date, really?)   the planet earth is inhabited by billions of people who choose to accept someone else's non-physical reality belief system.....not their own.

The physical reality of language is taught so that the child may learn.  The sociological development of how family and friendship structure works is done by example.  I have learned that lesson the hard way.

Teaching someone about how their own soul works and how it connects to the Universe is called....brainwashing.

As an individual, of which each and everyone of us...IS, I pride myself on trying to understand the Universe that I am a part of.  It is my job to learn as much as possible about as many things as possible within the biological parameters of my ability.  There is most likely a DNA limitation to how much physical reality I can retain but that's not my fault.  Math just isn't part of my program....and never will be...and I accept my limitations within the vast scope of learning about physical realities.  There are thousands of scientists and mathematical brainiacs who don't accept limitations to what they are working on and I always look forward to hearing about their new discoveries or ideas.

ONCE ONE BECOMES AWARE OF THE EXISTENCE OF THEIR SOUL....THERE IS NO LIMITATION TO HOW MUCH NON-PHYSICAL REALITY ONE CAN RETAIN.

NO LIMITATION

THE WORK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NON-PHYSICAL REALITY IS ENTIRELY UP TO THE SEEKER.

WHAT I'VE NOTICED IN 2015 IS A WHOLE BUNCH OF ACCEPTANCE AND A VERY LIMITED AMOUNT OF SEEKING.

2015, in my humble opinion, was the year of the follower.

I am simply wondering if 2016 might prove to be the year of the seeker.

Needless to say....I sure hope so

Happy New Year

Michael Timothy McAlevey








No comments: