Thursday, December 24, 2015

Not sure which I like better but hard to beat The King

Christmas can be the happiest time and the saddest time of the year.

Circumstances, both monetary and sociological, dictate the level and degree of how the holidays come and go.

They do come and they do go and sometimes much too fast and sometimes much too slow.

I think about the families of victims in San Bernardino and how sad they must be and then I remember how refugees fleeing their war torn countries must feel and quickly I think about new families forming through weddings and adoptions.  I've read about lottery winners this year and how lucky they must feel...and then recall reading about layoffs by large corporations due to consolidations.


We would obviously like everybody to have a beautiful and loving Christmas but then I remember reading the other day about the Price family of five from Kilroy crashing their small plane outside of Bakersfield with no survivors.

So many things cause me to pause and question the old adage....everything happens for a reason.

That absolutely might not be right......and might not even be close to the right word.

The holidays bring out the best in people but sometimes they bring memories and pain that just don't subside.

My only suggestion is that you wrap yourself in family and friend events and try to listen to a few songs that might make you ignore what you need to ignore and think more about the beauty that life has to offer.

I have two that I believe can do the trick.

Not sure which I like better but like I said up top......it's hard to beat the King.











Have as Merry of a Christmas as possible........








No comments: