Friday, April 18, 2014

So much with so little for so long

I've danced in and out of one or two hearts
I've sang a few chords but not for the charts
I've been able to stay quiet clam and alone
keeping a bubble around my end zone

people don't bother me unless I get up and mossey on out
and then I have daughter that can always hear me shout
even when i whisper she thinks I'm screaming and yelling
and what I'm just doing is jelling and jelling

jelling just means that i'm twisting and turning inside
it's kinda like blue but it's really just another shade to hide
there's so much to explain about how we try to reach our goals
but it just comes down to how we protect our souls

of course there's a chance that you don't believe in yours
but that doesn't eliminate the fact that it's true
working the inside room and doing the mental chores
just sharpens the edges of the real you you you

what you really are
is not made of atoms, protons, quarks or neutrinos
it's not just happies
or stupid little meanos
it's not the bills you owe
or the food you eat
it's not the mountains you climb
or the way you greet

of course all the physical realities
that determine your credit score
are really important
unless
you
want
more

most of the problems that come about from having no money
can be fixed
with
money
and to quote Val Kilmer
at the end of Tombstone

"isn't that funny"

most of the problems that come about from damaging
the soul
can be fixed
with one thing
and one thing only

LOVE

I don't make up these rules
I don't even know if they are true
I just have to wonder
if you know the real
you


PART ONE.....to be continued


























No comments: