Sunday, September 2, 2012

Get off my lawn

Grand Torino might be my favorite non-western Clint Eastwood movie and his stand up routine at the RNC might be my least favorite performance.  I'm not saying it wasn't entertaining because when all is said and done, it was easily the most compelling moment I've seen at a national convention in a very long time.  There use to be a tension as votes were cast but I can't remember the last time that happened.

Clint stole the show and the proof of that was in the after shows on various networks.  The only thing they were talking about was Mr. Eastwood.  Mr. Romney was an afterthought.

It was great prime time television but I found one moment very disturbing.  When Clint said we should get rid of the man in office who wasn't doing the job....he made a slice the throat gesture.

Knowing how whacky fans can get, I immediately thought of 10,000 Clint stalkers wondering if that was a sign to get the President.

It was an extremely irresponsible gesture coming from a man who appears to be rather level headed. I'm wondering if he appeared simply because his wife needed a boast for her reality TV show, which I haven't watched and probably won't watch.

I will go see his new movie about an aging baseball scout because I love baseball and have always found Clint's movie to be well worth the price of admission.

I wonder how many people on the political fence will alter their vote because of Clint?  My gut feeling is that a lot of movie crazy fans probably don't vote....and then how many people were actually watching the convention?

I've heard that Clint is Pro-Choice and more of a Libertarian than a Republican...and he's obviously a union supporter so his differences with the party seem to be vast so I'm thinking he's really got a bug up his ass about President Obama.

I wonder if it's just a Clint Eastwood/ George Clooney clash?

George seems to have a wider range of planetary interest than Clint so I'm siding with the Clooney model.

MAYBE CLINT AND GEORGE COULD HAVE A DEBATE

THAT WOULD BE GREAT TELEVSION!

DOES ANYONE HAVE MARK BURNETT'S CELL PHONE NUMBER?

Let's make it happen, in this most interesting political season.....which offically starts Friday after the DNC
meets in North Carolina.

Things are heating up with a special thanks to a Hollywood legend.
Who would have thunk?

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: