Monday, September 24, 2012

CVA, RNA and longest break since I started

I entered the blogosphere on Christmas Day 2006 and this was the longest I've been away from it.  I think I have a fairly valid  excuse.  I'm not going to go into too much detail but if you are interested simply Google CVA.........and look for the topic having to deal with health related issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroke

Suffice to say, the final words from the Neurologist, as I was leaving the hospital were.....RESUME NORMAL ACTIVITY.  I told her I was a marathon runner and she replied that at least I still had my sense of humor....I then started to explain that it was irony not humor and she called security. 

After three days in the beautiful new Santa Monica Hilton Hospital (all rooms are single and the wing just opened a year ago) I finally got to see the pictures of my incident.  I will be able to get a disk of all 188 pictures captured by the MRI machine when I pick up my records this week.

The incident happened at the golf course on 9/11/12 and was entirely visual related.  No fainting no blackouts....just blank spots and lots of color patterns.  I think it was a terrorist attack but I have no concrete proof.  One week later I returned to the same course and played 18 holes.

I shot 238 but I finished the round. 

Seriously I shot 84....which is considered normal for me.....I shoot lower but I also shoot higher so 84 with a CVA incident is quite acceptable.

I have a left side peripheral vision issue and an occasional Christmas tree light show in that same area.  I can read and I can write.....well, maybe not write right but then again there's always been a question regarding writing well or writing right or whether what I do is considered writing. Probably the most important thing is that.......I can still dance.

I do know that what I'm able to do, with letters, is convey my point of view and over the last six years MIND JAZZ has, at the very least, proven to be an extension of what I find to be true.

Yes that line rhymes and you might want to read it again and a little faster....or never read it again.

It's possible that everything could get much more colorful in my life and if you have seen my artwork than you might simply ask.....HOW IS THAT GOING TO BE POSSIBLE?  If you haven't seen my artwork than what are you even doing here reading this blog?  Get outa here.....go away or I call the Blogspot Google Police and have you apprehended.

Having a CVA incident is kinda like being 90....you can say anything you want and just follow it up with.....oh excuse me I had a stroke.

To be honest I think I had my first CVA incident at a Rolling Stones concert in 1968

I will use the CVA term much more often than the word stroke.....for obvious reasons.  Very similar to the Changing Levels vs Dead phraseology.  Soft stroking language games....no pun intended.

I start optical therapy next week and perhaps the left side peripheral vision will improve but the way neurons work in the brain I have a feeling that the therapy will be focused on how to deal with my new visual reality.

*************************************************

I'm happy to report that my boycott of watching NFL regular season games is still going strong, although I'm pretty sure I might be going solo.  I think Tom Sullivan might be on board but it's a small movement.  Watching football games on Monday night, Thursday night and Sunday day and night really is a tremendous waste of time.  I can be running down the beach having another CVA incident instead of couped up inside.  I think about the time watching Concussion City over the years and I feel somewhat ashamed.  I have done many pieces of art while watching the games so I have a slight line of defense.....obviously much better than the Rams.  My boycott has not been tested by a televised Ram game so I still have that hurdle to encounter. 

I do look at the scores in the paper on Monday morning.

I JUST REALIZED THAT I DIDN'T WRITE A BLOG ABOUT WHY I'M BOYCOTTING THE NFL REGULAR SEASON. 

OMG...... I WOULD HAVE SWORN I WROTE ABOUT IT.....BUT THEN I HAVE TO REMIND MYSELF THAT I'VE HAD A.........A) CVA
                                                                             B) STROKE

I'm boycotting the watching of regular season NFL games because the owners of the teams, of which 90% are extremely wealthy Republicans, decided to start the season on a Wednesday night for the first time in the history of the NFL.

THAT WEDNESDAY JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE SECOND NIGHT OF THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION.....WHEN FORMER PRESIDENT WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON WAS GIVING HIS KEYNOTE ADDRESS.

The powers that be in the Republican party say that they moved it from Thursday in respect for President Obama......and the reason they didn't move it to FRIDAY???????????????

THOSE YOKELS HAD FOUR YEARS TO BE AWARE OF WHEN THE CONVENTION WOULD CONVENE AND ADJOURN.

TO SCHEDULE THAT GAME ON A THURSDAY OR A WEDNESDAY DURING AN ELECTION YEAR IS A BLATANT ACT OF DISRESPECT AND SMELLS LIKE A KARL ROWE MOMENT.  I'M SURE THERE'S AN ARMY OF REPUBLICAN KARL ROWE WANNABE DICKHEADS WHO JUST SIT AROUND THINKING OF HOW TO DISRUPT THE POLITICAL PROCESS AND TILT IN THE DIRECTION OF THE VERY WRONG RIGHT.

All I can do is make a very small statement. The playoffs will occur well after the election and if the Republicans win the White House I might never watch another professional game.  I really do have better things to do with my time.....and so do you....because after everything is said and done.....the amount of time we do have in this physical reality portion of our life.....can be much better spent than watching well conditioned fully armored athletes try to avoid being injured on every single play.

College football is another story and where my entire 2012 football focus will be centered.  Of course it's only centered on one team located across the street from the LA Coliseum.

Go Trojans

Stay back CVA's

Michael Timothy McAlevey










No comments: