Saturday, August 18, 2012

Nice to know FUN is still possible

I admit I don't listen to a lot of indie and alternative music but that's mainly due to the simple fact that it lacks a sensible rhythm that works in my frontal lobe where music gets processed into toe-tapping and ultimately..............dancing.

ALL INDIE, ALTERNATIVE AND HOUSE MUSIC HAS A BEAT....AND THAT BEAT IS REPEATED OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND ONANDONANDONANDONANDON.....

RHYTHM IS GENERALLY MISSING

I heard a group last night, from that genre, that absolutely got me toe-tapping and then dancing.......without being intoxicated or high.

These guys are  great and I'm probably way behind the eight ball on this discovery but I talked to four people last night that didn't know about them, so I'm ahead of some curve.  Of course I didn't talk to anybody under 40 so it wasn't a perfect sampling.

 Listen to a few songs. 

IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO KNOW THAT fun IS STILL POSSIBLE FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE CROSSED THE BRIDGE OF TIME.......




Nate Ruess, Jack Antonoff and Andrew Dost

fun
fun
fun
fun
fun

and a soft side bar......Happy 93rd Dad.....first time in my life I can't say it to your face.

MIchael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: