Monday, August 13, 2012

It just simply feels good

The sign of the times....I was going to write my Olympic wrap up during the final day of competition but decided I needed to wait until after the closing ceremonies just in case something got blown up.

It's now Monday morning and I'm still waiting for The Who to perform so maybe that's who got blown up.

The London 2012 Olympic experience ended yesterday and while I can name multiple moments that rocked my world, the main thing I will remember is....

IT SIMPLY FEELS GOOD TO WATCH COUNTRIES OF THE PLANET EARTH COME TOGETHER AND CELEBRATE THE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ATTRIBUTES OF THE HUMAN SPECIES.

The physical attributes are obvious....the mental attributes relate to the dedication and discipline it takes to achieve those physical levels of excellence.

By the way.......I'm wondering if Elton John feels snubbed......he is a Knight  and his record sales have to be larger than George Michaels.  

I'm still having problems figuring out why Argentina only got 4 medals.  The country has 40 million people and obviously no political commitment to athletic excellence.  Maybe they play too much polo.

Jamaica ,on the other hand, has 2.5 million people and they won 12 medals.

So I'm let to believe that smoking a ton a weed and running from the sheriff is much more conducive to winning Olympic medals than I would have previously thought.

Somehow I think Argentina's lack of medals is related to their harboring of German officers after World War 11 but that's just my twisted mental circuitry reaching for answers.

I have many favorite moments but if I had to choose one for best of show I would select the women's 4 x 100 relay.  They set a world record and they beat those Rastafarian chicks from Jamaica.

Usian Bolt seems to get the same reaction that Cassius Clay first got when he started mouthing off about how great he was.  Lots of people can't stand it when someone toots their own horn about being the greatest of all time........turns out that they were both right.  Now how funny would it be if Usian Bolt changed his name to Bob Smith.

Four more years to Rio and two more years to Soi????/ Russia.  As one gets older one simply thinks that it would be nice to be around for the next Olympics. 

Actually, looking at the world tension, I guess that hope could be a thought for any age.

And then we've got that December 21, 2012 fiasco to deal with.......

Sorry to end this Olympic experience on a downer note but truthfully I didn't create the paranoia. I'm just reporting the facts.......or am I reporting goofy perceptions by a group of highly intelligent animals that can't figure out how to live in peace?

At least the Olympics shows that lots of different people can spend two weeks competing without someone killing someone.

I'll take that reality to the medal stand and salute the human species for a job well done.

Michael Timothy McAlevey




















No comments: