Thursday, May 10, 2012

The line is now offically drawn

Everyone who knows me realizes it took a long time to stop using the word "Fag" in reference to gay people.
It obviously took longer for the office of President of the United States to acknowledge same sex marriages.

Please don't think for one minute that I'm comfortable watching gays lip smack on prime time TV shows but I've always thought legal issues should be equal among anyone not in prison.  Laws, directed toward gay unions, that were created by homophobic opinions, should be eliminated from the books.

The election of 2012 will now have a distinct dividing line and that line will be the issue of gay marriage.

I think it's an issue that displays tolerance and compassion vs intolerance and judgemental behavior.

The dividing line isn't so much right or wrong but love and acceptance.

I'm fairly certain that there are homosexual Republicans who now might have an issue voting against a President who says they are entitled to the same legal benefits as a straight couple.

The issue will prove to be very interesting in Florida where the both parties will be fighting to win.

There's a wide assortment of human types in Florida and it always seems to be a very close race between the two parties.  This issue could be the tipping point and to be honest I'm not sure which way it will tip.

I've always thought Florida was a very strange place because they have little tiny bugs that you can't see that bite the crap out of you.

The gay marriage issue will bite the crap out of somebody but I'm not sure who.

I have no idea of the Mormons stand on gay issues but Mitt came out yesterday and said he personally was against legal gay unions...so therefore the line is drawn.  How many gay people work on the Romney campaign?  How many gay people are in Romney's family?  How many gay people has he ever talked to?

WILL THOSE PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR HIM, who absolutely love Glee, SUPPORT HIS POSITION?

By the way.......I'm one of those hetero anomalies who absolutely loves Glee.

I also love the show Smash....but every time the gay lovers start to inch up toward one another I feel a little queasy in my stomach and sometimes even close my eyes.  I can't help it.....I'm just not comfortable watching two men kiss. 

But that queasiness has nothing to do with how my brain works when regarding legal equality for every person in America.  I can't worry about the rest of the planet on this issue because we are the leaders of the free world and our behavior vibrates to all corners of the globe.  We are the beacon for freedom and equality and we basically haven't even gotten it correct yet.......so why fret about other places.

So much work to do here and now that another line has been drawn in the sand, for the 2012 Presidential election, it becomes an even more interesting and intriguing election.

Watch that line.......it's not so blurry anymore......except of course for gay Republicans.

Michael Timothy McAlevey



No comments: