Thursday, March 29, 2012

500 Million and 2 Billion and me

All these numbers flashing around and me with very few numbers to display. I realize I'm not alone in that category but I'm also very close with friends and family who go deeply in the other direction.

A $500 Million lottery is quite large and at 176 million to one....probably not a reasonable target to pursue with $5 or $10. But it only takes one combination to set the wheels spinning. If it's your time to win the lottery then ONE ticket is all you need. If you purchase 176 Million tickets then you are assured of winning. Go for it!

$2 Billion for the Dodgers seems like a fair price if gasoline is $4.67 a gallon and Apple stock is $500 a share. I've always assumed that the Dodgers and Yankees should have similar payrolls. East Coast vs West Coast and traditional rivals battling in the World Series every few years just makes sense to those of us who care about such nonsense. Now we just have to sit back and see if the money keeps flowing toward the product on the field.

Major League baseball teams are built from the draft up. Free agent signings are important to a point but remember Super Stars like Derek Jeter, Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw were born and raised at home.
Pitchers seem to be the best target for free agent money and it will take a few years for that to happen in LA.

I just still can't believe that it cost $25 to park at Dodger Stadium. I didn't go last year but I'm pretty sure that number is correct. And if Frank McCourt has any say in the matter it might go to $50 a car.

That's crazy but then again $2 Billion is crazy and a $500 million lottery is absolutely insane.....but I have the same chance of winning as anyone else who plays. I have no chance of owning The Dodgers but if I win the lottery they might let me become a small minority owner....like Magic Johnson.

That's what a $500 million lottery does.....IT CREATES BIG DAYDREAMS.

Do you need me to pick up some tickets for you?

Just give me a call.......I'll be down by the winning drug store on the corner of 7th and Montana.

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: