Friday, October 14, 2011

Moving me.....

I have a reputation regarding movies. Some people claim I like every movie. That's not a true statement. THE TRUTH IS......I CAN FIND SOMETHING WORTHWHILE IN EVERY FILM.......Sometimes the music playing over the credits is better than the film but it's something positive and whatever I can get for my buck is simply better than nothing.

The only film I've seen this year with no redeeming qualities was The Green Hornet.....not to be mistaken for The Green Lantern, which was visually entertaining.....but The Green Hornet proved once again that anyone can get a movie made if they try hard enough. Seth Rogan might be the silliest casting decision I've ever seen. I suspect we'll see no more Seth Rogan super hero adventures.

So far my favorite movie of the year is Midnight in Paris. It turns out to be Woody Allen's biggest box office success and I won't be surprised if it wins multiple awards.






The most uplifting film I've seen is The Dolphin Tale. I challenge anyone to go see that movie and not feel good about human ingenuity and resourcefulness. That story was not about a Dolphin.....it was about the human brain and how great things can be achieved. All feel good movies get a bit sappy but that's part of the ride. People who criticise extensive sappiness usually have some personal issues of their own.



Moneyball is quite entertaining but don't look for Oscar nods.

The fall season is upon us and the studios are getting ready to release their potential award winning films......I HOPE!

I'm going to go see The Way because I have a feeling.....I'll let you know if I let you know.



THREE HOUR PAUSE



Didyoumissme?



The Way is a Emilio Estevez film with his Dad, Martin Sheen, playing a father who lost his son and decides to spread his ashes across St. James Way...and complete the walk that his son didn't.
If you don't know about the pilgrimage in the northern part of Spain....then I suggest you read about it. The film is well done and the scenery is wonderful.



The idea of spreading ashes of a son is nothing new.....Sean is currently in 17 places around the globe with more to follow.



Do you personally know anyone who has done the walk along The Way?



Do you have their cell phone number?



Michael Timothy McAlevey

1 comment:

sharon said...

yes, howard's high school girlfriend