Wednesday, June 1, 2011

No one does it like Woody





I've been a bit "unmotivated" recently and although it might be related to a few physical issues, even though that never seemed to bother me before, I seriously needed something to spark my wires or tip my scales or float my boat.....anything to get me stimulated.




Today I went to a matinee of Woody Allen's new movie "Midnight in Paris" and it was exactly what the doctor ordered....right after the antibiotics.




I'm always amazed when I read about the gross box-office results of a Woody Allen film and every time I say the same thing..............How can people not be seeing his movies?




Not only does he write with style and creativity.....he always manages to create something that no one has ever done and bring up issues that always seem to be left unsaid by regular film makers. This film is one of the greats in his long and industrious career and the best thing I thought when it was over was....please don't be over.....give us another hour....take us further into the time warp......



This film also reinforces my opinion that Marion Cotillard is in a class all by herself. It's not just the face....it's her ability to capture the screen as in the days of Garbo, Grant, Stewart and Hepburn. You can't wait to see her again and Mr. Konigsberg created a role which allows her to mesmerize our senses whenever she she steps into frame.



The fact that a Woody Allen film has never grossed more than $40 million is a statement....and it's a statement that I hate to make.



"MOST PEOPLE JUST DON'T WANT TO THINK WHEN THEY GO TO A MOVIE."


&


they sure don't want snappy dialogue to ruin their evening.



I realize there is a loyal following for Mr. Allen's film but it's just why to small.....and in my mind there's no real explanation.



$40 MILLION GROSS?????? HANGOVER 2 DID THAT IN ONE FREAKIN DAY.....AND IT WAS MINDLESS.



PIRATES HAS DONE 56 TRILLION AND IT'S BEYOND MINDLESS.



I sincerely hope that this movie becomes the highest grossing film of Woody Allen's 41 movies.....and I promise to do all I can to make that happen....



$50 MILLION PLUS..........a request to the movie gods......



Let's make it happen......



Thank you Woody for sharing your vision with us.





I'd like to call him.....does anyone have his cell number?



GO SEE THIS FILM AND THEN GIVE ME A CALL with the number.




Michael Timothy McAlevey






























No comments: