Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Odd but not so much


This picture was supplied by the NOAA (National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration) to demonstrate the energy dispersal from the 8.9 Japanese earthquake of March 11. Japan is in the upper left side of the picture with the small black arc being the origin of the source.
What I would like you to do is focus on the colors.
For the last four weeks I have been working on a painting that has these exact same colors.
Of course my design is quite different but once you see the finished work you will go......hummmm.
I say........hummm.
Of course there's always a chance that the NOAA has spies everywhere just trying to steal colorways from unsuspecting artists so that their charts and patterns will look really cool.
And I'm really not that paranoid........wait a minute..........did you hear that?
Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: