Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Imagine

30 years since John Lennon changed levels. My mom moved on in 1980 and it seems like a hundred years ago. Because of John's musical ability it sometimes feels like he's still here. I guess that explains why recognized talent means something. People who are talented but undiscovered......just simply move on....perhaps leaving warm memories for immediate family and friends. Sometimes family and friends just say good riddance.

John Lennon will forever exist as long as human beings enjoy music.

This might be the entire reason for attempting to create things.

THINGS come under a lot of different disguises. And from what I've noticed those things don't always have to be pleasing.

Things are not always what they appear to be.
Things are far from over.
Things have a way of working out.

Things

Imagine there's no things
it's not easy if you try
no things below us
above us only sky
Imagine all the nobodies
living for something

Imagine there's no things
it isn't hard to do
no things to kill or die for
and no other things to do
Imagine all the people
living life in thingamabobs

You may say that I'm a thing
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join more things
And things will be as one


Imagine no things
I wonder if you can
No need for little things or big things
A thingamajig of man
Imagine all the nothings
Sharing all the somethings


You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
THING

Thanks John.......and thanks mom.

Michael Timothy McAlevey








No comments: