Monday, July 12, 2010

"This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it.

The above quote is from Ralph Waldo Emerson.
I often wonder if in his extensive writing that he stopped to actually enhance a quote or they simply poured out like water from a broken dam.

"Whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist"

I'm fairly certain that RWE was the only literary giant who used the word WHOSO......but notwithstanding I really like that quote.

"Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis"

I think I've found this to be true when it comes to dealing with a certain type of citizen.

"Every artist was first an amateur"

I'm confident in the reality of this quote by the mere fact that I continue to display amateurish behavior with every piece I do.

"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it"

And nothing matters more than just doing whatever it is....that you do well. Whether or not is is beneficial to mankind can only be determined by others

I sincerely don't have time to critic my own work
or I truly would get nothing done...
MTM.

I think everybody should spend a small portion of their annual reading allocation and browse through Ralph Waldo Emerson.

And when you need real clear common sense reminders..... Abe Lincoln quotes fill that bill to the top of the hill.

EMERSON and LINCOLN....
.now that's a great movie....does anyone have Spielberg's cell phone?

Michael Timothy McAlevey



No comments: