Friday, October 23, 2009

Soup was on the daily menu


Every kid between the ages of 10 and 18 goes through a various set of situations which hopefully leads to a productive adulthood.

If it hadn't been for Soupy Sales I might not have gotten through that period.

His daily TV show was absolutely the only thing that made me laugh on a regular basis.

I'm not going to open large cans of worms by detailing the "stuff" going on in my life at that time because some of the people involved are no longer available to defend their positions.

This short note is about a thank you to a man that was extremely funny and made me laugh on a daily basis when laughter wasn't in the cards. I'm not sure I ever tried to duplicate his unique delivery but I think it made me a better "smart alec" kid, and thus an adult with a more developed sense of humor.

Obvioulsy I am no stand up comedian but I do pride myself on being able to make people laugh when the situation calls for levity...and even sometimes when laughter doesn't seem destined to be part of the moment.

MILTON SUPMAN, aka SOUPY SALES helped develop my adult personality and whereas there might be some people who say that didn't really work out so well...I know it worked out perfectly for who I am in a rather odd world where Pookie, White Fang, Black Tooth and Soupy Sales make as much sense as anything I've ever experienced when it comes to the wonderful category of life known as...
COMEDY

Soupy Sales paved the way for Steve Martin and most likely thousands of other funny guys.

THANKS SOUPY and RIP

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: