Monday, June 8, 2009

GAY TIME ON BROADWAY

I happened to catch the TONYS last night on CBS. Always interested in the hot new musicals on Broadway and always interested in who is who in the world of stage entertainment...although I rarely attend live productions.



Watching the award show all I could determine was one definite conclusion. If I could sing and dance and was gay there is no other place to be in the world than on Broadway.



Even the guy who thanked his wife made me wonder if his wife's name was Edward.



Does Elton John have a proportionality large head or what? No wonder he's such a genius...his brain must be 25% of his body weight.



I still wonder why Doggie Howser gets to play a straight guy on TV...must be a trade off for the casting on Will and Grace.

I never understood how two straight guys got those roles...like there might be a shortage of gay actors working in Hollywood?

BUT BROADWAY SEEMS TO HAVE HAVE GONE FULL BORE INTO THE ALTERNATIVE LIFE STYLE...except for James Gandolfini and Elton John.

I mention Elton because didn't he give up the gay life style about 15 years ago?

I think the Queen insisted on it before making him SIR.

I think Bernie Taupin started spreading that rumor.

What does amaze me is that there are very few new musicals being created. Everything seems to be a revival.

I wonder why nobody makes early Elvis movies into musicals for the stage?

Does anyone have Priscilla's cell phone number?

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: