Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Don't want to jinx them

All baseball fans and most of the players are superstitious in very odd ways. I, of course, have my own oddities regarding the Dodgers and I'm not prepared to share them at this time because sharing them might jinx the season.

I have chosen not to write anything about them because they are playing better than any Dodger team that I can remember. Middle 70's saw some domination from time to time but I can't ever remember a 9 game lead in June.

Even during the Koufax/Drysdale era they never ran away with anything and always had to battle for every victory.

This team which I thought had major pitching questions seems to be responding well beyond expectations.

And it's not just the weak division. They play every team tough and that's all one can ask for when it's still basketball season.

Hopefully they will continue this through the summer and into the late weeks of October.

It's obviously been fun so far but for now let's focus on Orlando, Florida for a few more days.

Kobe officially enters the realm of MAGIC, JERRY, ELGIN, WILT and KAREEM...and athletically he might be the best of them all.

Michael Timothy McAlevey

1 comment:

Rebecca Schneider said...

Hello, I stumbled upon your blog and I watched the "Art" video. I absolutely loved it and wanted to thank you for sharing it with the blogsphere.