Saturday, September 6, 2008

I hope she doesn't drive


This is a picture of the next Chinese Gymnastics Olympic champion.....oddly enough she will be 16 during the London Olympics in 2012.
Must be something in the rice.
Now that the Olympics are over and the Conventions are finished it's time to turn our collective attention to BASEBALL.....and College Football and oh yeah...Professional football....which just seems to have dropped off my personal interest scale. That could have something to do with the Rams never being on TV and finishing last in the entire league. But I would watch them if they allowed them to be on TV.... so maybe it's better this way.
September baseball is the best......I realize October Baseball is playoff and World Series time, but the real battle is getting to October....October is a reward for the long season and right now there are some teams on the proverbial.....bubble.
Last week the Dodgers managed to win two games from Arizona (in Arizona) after losing the first game of the three game series. I started telling people that the Dodgers could winout after the game on Sunday. Then I BECAME REALISTIC AND STARTED SAYING THEY WOULD WIN 85% OF THEIR REMAINING GAMES.
SO FAR THEY ARE STILL ON THE WINOUT MODE....(no loss since August 29th)
I'm fairly realistic when it comes to the Dodgers and for some ungodly reason I think they will finish the season with a flourish.....and even get to 86 or 87 wins.....(today they have 71) and there are only 21 games left.
JUST A FEELING
But keep in mind that I'm a guy who had a feeling that McGovern could beat Nixon in 72
which might be my all-time worst "feeling"........of course I was really caught up in the moment and wasn't following the polls.....more like following the feeling of knowing that Nixon was going down.......turns out I just had the down part mistaken for the election not the resignation.
All's well that ends well.......
And then there is the current election.
My "feeling" is........I don't know. I know who I'm going to vote for
but......
I don't have as much confidence in the American voter as I once had and the ROWE tricks of trade have proven to be extremely successful in shaping the minds of the voters.
And then there is the INCIDENT that will happen before the election. The INCIDENT, which I predicted well over 16 months ago, is the thing that will happen to make people afraid to change course. I have no idea what the INCIDENT will be but my instincts point toward something in IRAN or SOUTH KOREA or GEORGIA (we saw a small preview during the Olympics)
Too much repeating of the word FIGHT in John McCain's acceptance speech.....indicates to me that he's letting us know that once again WAR is the central issue....and American will go anywhere to protect American interests......which are extensive to say the least.
I've decided that he is no longer McBush
HE
IS
McWAR
AND THUS THE BATTLE BEGINS
and in the year 2008 the world sits on the edge.
THE EDGE OF WHAT....... IS THE QUESTION
IS THIS A PLANET THAT WOULD PREFER TO CONDUCT IT'S BUSINESS IN A PEACEFUL WAY OR DO WE ALL JUST WANT TO KICK FREAKIN ASS.....ALL THE TIME?
I'M AFRAID THAT I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW THE AMERICAN VOTER WILL RESPONSE ON NOVEMBER 4th 2008
I thought this election would be extremely interesting because of the OBVIOUS DIFFERENCES of the two candidates but I think it's going to get UGLY instead of interesting.
I HOPE NOT....and I hope the issues can rise to the top and that both Presidential candidates can conduct themselves with grace and dignity.
I hope the two VP candidates can conduct themselves with grace and dignity.
I HOPE THE TWO PARTIES CAN CONDUCT THEMSELVES WITH GRACE AND DIGNITY
I'M PROBABLY OUT OF MY FREAKIN MIND
ISSUES
ISSUES
ISSUES
and issues do consist of how people think beyond their political beliefs.
and those issues should be addressed......along with all things political.
Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: