Tuesday, July 29, 2008

girls ON THE PROWL


ELIZABETH......ALEXANDRA.....VANESSA......VICTORIA.... and guide




ALEXANDRA......ELIZABETH......GERALD THE DAD.......VANESSA......VICTORIA





Four girls on the prowl in South America. Please note this isn't some jungle ride in Orange County but a very real excursion on some river in some tropical area of South America....




The reason I say some river is because I AM AN IDIOT.




These beautiful smoking hot chicks are my nieces and last Sunday our family had a reunion for the first time in eight years and these SHCNs had just gotten back from extended time in South America......two of the four (Victoria and Elizabeth) were there for a much longer time than the other two (Alexandra and Vanessa) but they managed to hook up for experiences like the one you are looking at above.


There are quite a few reasons why I am an idiot......but the current one centers on the fact that three of these SHCN's were at the reunion and I failed to ask them questions about their time in South America....

The extent of my personal interest was probably summed up in a statement like...


"so....good to be home?"


I would like to take a personal moment and apologise to each and every one of them for the incredible oversight in discussing their amazing time in another land.

There should be a family gathering just to listen to their stories and see the pictures that they took.

Victoria and Elizabeth have stories.....oh do they have stories and I'm a complete idiot for not asking for at least one story during our family picnic....


INSTEAD OF ASKING MY BEAUTIFUL SHCN's ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCE....I TOLD THEM THE STORY ABOUT THE GRATEFUL DEAD/WHO CONCERT THREE DAYS BEFORE MY THYROID SURGERY IN 1976......

I'M AN IDIOT AND I APOLOGISE.


NOT FOR TELLING THAT STORY BUT BECAUSE WHAT THEY'VE DONE RECENTLY IS SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHAT I DID IN 1976....


Victoria
Elizabeth

I apologise and I promise to take some time soon to hear about your amazing time in South America.....

Alexandra

I apologise for not asking you about school and your freshman year at UCSB....after all... besides being your uncle...I am your Godfather....which will prove to be much more interesting down the road than it is today.

Vanessa

I don't really have anything to apologize to you about but there must be something so here it is.

You girls are so incredible and so beautiful that it takes my breathe away.....

PAUSE





WHILE I GET MY BREATHE BACK


I am so honored to be your Uncle and yet I know I'm like an absentee Uncle.....but this morning I found a picture (above) that Alexandra and Elizabeth had made shortly after Sean left this dimension and it made me cry.....


I wasn't crying for Sean....I was crying because I don't think I've paid proper attention to members of my IMMEDIATE family...

I will attempt to alter that attention by moving in with Alexandra at UCSB for six months and then get an apartment with Victoria and Elizabeth for six months and then go to Seattle and move in with Venessa and her boyfriend for six months.....

I'm packing my bags right now and soon you will be able to say.....


WOW....UNCLE TIM REALLY IS INSANE.


Which might be very true.....but I love each and everyone of you

and there's nothing

crazy

about

that....


Now....Where did I put my suitcase?


Michael Timothy McAlevey




















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

While living with Vanessa and her boyfriend in Seattle, be sure and visit H and I. We could almost be family due to the time period we have known each other and other things ;) xo S

Anonymous said...

ahh, uncle tim...that was very sweet. Thanks :) I actually really enjoyed your grateful dead story haha. And I am sure my parents wouldn't mind one more person in their house in addition to their two eldest daughters. We will definitely have to have lunch sometime and we can show you pictures and tell you about a few of our south american adventures

Unknown said...

haha =) i just spoke with Vanessa, and she says she is already clearing space. I would say come bunk with us first, but we are living with the parents!
i love the blog though, and please don't apologize! there will be other opportunities to hear stories. Besides, we need to get all of our photos together and organized first... and then we can get together for a slide show/ story time.
And, I loved your "cough it up" story- we couldn't beat that one. It was great to see you and we will have to share more stories soon. We love you lots!!
Victoria