Thursday, July 31, 2008

First it was COP ROCK

First time I remember THEM taking away something I liked was when THEY cancelled the TV show called COP ROCK.
Being that it was Steven Bochco Production I never saw it coming....he was the TV king at the time and I figured that show was good for 4 or 5 years....but then after 13 weeks....ZAP

Years went by and I found myself being very careful about liking something that might not make it pass the first season....and then along came JOAN OF ARCADIA....

Not only did it make it through the first season......it actually had a second season and everything was progressing nicely and then ZAP...THEY did it again.....and THEY left the story hanging and
once again I was affected by THEIR choices.

So I get a bit less involved in serial television and devote more time to reading and writing.....which is a good thing.

One of the things I really enjoy reading on a weekly basis is the OPINION/BOOK REVIEW section of the LA TIMES. Normally the entire Sunday paper gets tossed but the OPINION/BOOK REVIEW section always stays around....for a few reasons. One reason is that I take my time with it and usually don't finish it until Tuesday or Wed. The other reason is that the book reviews are important for selections I might make at the library.

WHATEVER THE REASONS I LOVE THIS SECTION OF THE NEWSPAPER AND THEN I WAKE UP LAST SUNDAY MORNING AND READ THAT
THEY
HAVE DONE IT AGAIN

THEY have decided that revenue problems are reducing certain parts of the paper and OPINIONS AND BOOK REVIEWS are just not profitable centers for the company.

SAM ZELL is the new owner of the LA TIMES and it is widely known that he holds conservative points of view.....so it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that one way to eliminate opinions that might vary from yours...would be to eliminate them.

VERY MUCH LIKE THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT IN REFERENCE TO TIBET
AND HUMAN RIGHTS

SERIOUSLY

JUST LIKE THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT

I can't believe THEY have done this to me again. If I wake tomorrow and DOONESBURY has been canceled
I'LL HAVE
A
STROKE

BUT
I KNOW THAT
THEY
WON'T GIVE
A
RAT'S ASS

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: