Wednesday, January 16, 2008

CLONES AND DRONES and DESIRE







The Democratic candidates are stealing the spotlight because of the built in "uniqueness" of the two major contenders but the Republican race is really interesting.




I keep talking about a first ballot locked convention for the Democrats but it's also a possibility at the Republican convention. Imagine if both parties were locked on the first ballot. Most likely it won't happen at either convention but one can also hope.




Mitt Romney got back in the mix yesterday with a primary win in Michigan. The Democrats chose not to participate due to Michigan's moving of their primary with Democratic National Committee approval. Hillary was the only candidate listed and she beat the "uncommitted."




While politicians are busy confusing the American voter the FDA announced yesterday that Cloned meat and milk are safe to eat.




Cloned politicians on the other hand are unsafe for daily consumption....and we seem to be experiencing a rash of political cloning.




Right now it costs $17,500 to clone a single cow which means that the $1.00 Double Cheeseburger at "Micky Ds" would cost $29.95.




Gregory Jaffe, director of Biotechnology Project at the Center for Science and in the Public Interest...which might be one of the longest companies names in America, says "Most consumers will never eat a cloned animal."




I think I had a cloned tuna sandwich the other day....but I can't prove anything.




I know I saw a Presidential debate the other day...with some definite cloning possibilities....but I can't prove anything.




I actually can't prove anything about anything...because I'm cloned and there was a small portion of my DNA that didn't get transferred.....




I wish they had injected a bit more of Steve Martin's DNA but that raises moral issues. Borrowing from one DNA to enhance another could be problem...but I sure wish I was a lot funnier...and taller...and insightful...and mathematical...


Is there no end to how my DNA could be improved.


I do know that I would have had Sean cloned in a heartbeat if the technology had been available so I guess that shows which side I'm on....


IN A HEARTBEAT....


Michael Timothy McAlevey














No comments: