Monday, December 31, 2007

FORTUNE TELLING and other picks

I've used a lot of letters trying to convince anyone who would listen that I actually have an ability to foresee what will happen in the FUTURE.....generally regarding the political arena.

Hell, I 've used a lot of letters trying to convince myself that I actually have an ability to foresee ANYTHING that will happen in the future.


TRUTHFULLY....

I'm not sure what will happen in the future but I know that it doesn't work for me to spend time thinking about the past and since I have no choice but to always be here right now.....the future is the only place that creates speculative opportunities.

SPECULATIVE OPPORTUNITIES are abundant in the world of SPORTS so I thought I'd do a little bit of prognostication and pick the remaining college bowl games.

Tomorrow of course the big games start but today there are some interesting match ups.

I would suggest not betting your mortgage payment but then again you are probably close to foreclosure so what the hell difference does it make....

RESULTS
CAL will lose to AIR FORCE 35-14 (LOST)
OREGON will beat SOUTH FLORIDA 24-21 (WON)
GEORGIA TECH will beat FRESNO STATE 37-21 (LOST)
FLORIDA STATE will upset KENTUCKY 21-20 (LOST)
OKLAHOMA STATE will beat INDIANA 34-14 (WON)
AUBURN will beat CLEMSON 37-34 (WON)
TENNESSEE will beat WISCONSIN 40-24 (WON)
MISSOURI will win over ARKANSAS 47-24 (WON)
MICHIGAN will upset FLORIDA 24-21 (WON)
TEXAS TECH will beat VIRGINIA 52-30 (WON)
USC will beat ILLINOIS 30-27 (WON)
GEORGIA will beat HAWAII 75-27 (WON)
(I can't believe that HAWAII'S DEFENSE will be able to stop the onslaught....even though I really want HAWAII to be competitive)
OKLAHOMA will whip WEST VIRGINIA 42-38 (LOST)
KANSAS will beat VIRGINIA TECH 17-14 (WON)
RUTGERS will trounce BALL STATE 52-10 (WON)
TULSA will beat BOWLING GREEN 34-17 (WON)
OHIO STATE will beat LSU 52-51 (TRIPLE OVERTIME) (LOST)

total 12-5

LSU will then issue a rule that overtime games are no longer recognized.

All the bold teams are underdogs.....which means I have predicted that seven underdogs will win outright and two more will lose but beat the spread.

OBVIOUSLY THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME ON MY LIST WILL TAKE PLACE IN PASADENA, CALIFORNIA AT THE ROSE BOWL

I think the Illinois defense is highly underrated and I think they will give the Trojans a real battle....but USC's defense will come through and stop them when it really counts. I also think that STAFON JOHNSON will have the type of game that legends are made of......and that
JOE McKNIGHT will show the country what a future HEISMAN candidate looks like... as a true freshman. I ALSO have a "feeling" that John David Booty will get hurt and MARK SANCHEZ will get another opportunity to show his stuff.
I don't like to predict that someone will get hurt but a "feeling" is a "feeling" and when one chooses to play with the "future" then one must just report what one "feels."

Of course it's always important to remember, before betting your mortgage payment, that I thought McGovern would kick Nixon's ass in 1972 and we all know how that turned out....McGovern won one state, in case you've forgotten or weren't born yet.

I'm not sure I've ever been more wrong about anything then that election, but it might have been related to excessive pot smoking and great rock and roll music....so I have a few built in caveats regarding my prognostication abilities at the time.

Of course I was fairly certain that GORE would beat BUSH in 2000 so maybe I'm having residual effects from those years....OH WAIT A SECOND.....

GORE DID BEAT BUSH!

But that's really another type of story....don't you think?

Normally I would recap the year and get ready for 2008 but anyone who is slightly awake has their own list on THINGS that happened last year. PERSONALLY, I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENED IN 2007
BECAUSE
I
CAN'T
DO
A
FREAKIN
THING
ABOUT
IT

IT'S TIME TO TRY AND INFLUENCE THE OUTCOME OF SITUATIONS THAT WILL TAKE PLACE IN 2008

and we can all start by....

HAVING A SAFE EVENING

HAVING A DRIVER WHO ATTENDS AA MEETINGS

AND last, but surely not least......practice the art of

LOVE




LOVE

LOVE
with a bit of PEACE thrown in for good measure

TWO ITEMS
THAT THE WORLD COULD USE A LOT MORE OF.... IN 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and on and on and on....


HAPPY NEW YEAR

MICHAEL TIMOTHY MC ALEVEY

No comments: