Friday, October 26, 2007

MY BAD

Last night I got into a shouting match with my daughter's boyfriend who happens to be 19 and considers all liberals to be completely confused and just generally uniformed idiots.

He rubs me the wrong way when politics start getting discussed.

I MEAN.... HE REALLY RUBS ME THE WRONG WAY

He won't attend a movie directed by Sean Pean because Sean Penn is an idiot.

He won't watch Bill Maher because Bill Maher is an idiot.

He thinks Al Gore should never have won a Nobel Prize and he would never watch Inconvenient Truth because AL Gore is an idiot.

He won't watch a Leonardo DiCaprio movie because who the hell does Leo think he is to talk about Global Warming.

One of his political heroes is G. Gordon Liddy.

I mean every time a discussion starts to take place about politics....my voice starts rising and last night, in my house, he moved towards me in a physical manner that almost made my head explode. As I made him leave my house he had the parting words of...."If my dad was here he would kick your ass."

I THINK IT GOES BEYOND RUBBING ME THE WRONG WAY......

THERE IS A LIST OF THINGS THAT TAKE PLACE WITH MY DAUGHTER THAT I HAVE OVERLOOKED BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO BE OVERLY AUTHORITATIVE....AND IT HAS COME BACK TO BIT ME IN THE ASS.

I AM MAD AT MYSELF FOR NOT HAVING CERTAIN RULES AND NOW I AM MAD AT THEM.

I AM MAD AT MY DAUGHTER BECAUSE SHE SEEMS TO PICK UP STRAY DOG TYPES.....EVEN THOUGH THERE HAS ONLY BEEN THREE STRAY DOGS IN HER 21 YEARS.....A STRAY IS A STRAY IS A STRAY.

I need to become a veterinarian and do some neutering......

Or else I'm going to have a stroke and that would be an extreme way of dealing with my problems.

Parenting is parallel to being organized and I need not say anything more.....except......
......where did I put that file?

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: