Wednesday, July 18, 2007

508 but.....

The Catholic Church settled with 508 people for $660 million. Those 508 people, who were abused by clergy in the archdioceses of Los Angeles, will at least have some closure...due to a large cash settlement.
What about the people who either committed suicide or who are so messed up that they don't even know that a suit was filed.
There has to be some hopeless homeless souls who have never been able to assimilate into society because of some sick priests....not to mention the thousands of people who were physically abused by Catholic nuns....even though what they did might not be sexual in nature.....it was abusive behavior.....and just down right mean.
I've said it before and I'll say it again....if those sweet docile nuns had stuck that metal edged wooden ruler up my ass.........instead of whacking me across the face....I'd be a freakin millionaire today.
But physical intimidation doesn't justify a class-action lawsuit.....but it should....and the Catholic Church knew they had a special problem with the nuns awhile back and.....zap.....they are gone.
I haven't seen a nun wearing a habit in a long long time. Of course I don't hang around places like Michael Vick....so I don't get to see really strange things.
By the way....how bored is Michael Vick that he has to get involved in Pit-Bull dog fighting?
But if dog fighting is going to exist....then Pit-Bulls are probably the right breed. I've only known a few Pit-Bulls and they were definitely wacky animals.....but so were their owners so I'm not sure where the fault falls.
The 7th and final Harry Porter book gets released on July 21 and I'll probably read it at the book store like I did number 6. J.K. Rowling created a franchise and once again proves that creativity in modern day society can indeed be rewarded.
Just don't give up the dream.....and always keep looking inside for the great story. It might come at any one moment and if it happens in a dream....wake up and make notes.
Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: