Thursday, January 25, 2007

MYSTIC vs. MYSTICAL



The American Heritage Dictionary defines Mystic as:

1) Of or pertaining to religious mysteries or occult rites and practices…2) Of or pertaining to mysticism or mystics…3) Inspiring a sense of mystery and wonder…4) Mystical (sense)…5) Mysterious…strange…One who practices or believes in mysticism or a specified form of mysticism.

The American Heritage Dictionary defines Mystical as:

1) Of or having a spiritual a reality or import that is not apparent to the intelligence
or senses…2) Of, pertaining to, or stemming from direct communion with
ultimate reality or God…3) Of or founded on objective experience: a mystical
religion…4) Mystic (sense)…5) Unintelligible: cryptic.

Obviously number four, in both definitions, creates an interchangeable situation…but when examining other parts of the definitions, I see tremendous differences between the two words.

On one hand a Mystic appears to need ritual and tools to conduct their business. On the other hand someone who is Mystical appears only to need to be Mystical…which means being spiritual in a manner not apparent to the senses.

And I would assume, when defining senses, the reference is probably aimed at “normal” senses contained in the mind of “normal” people….people who don’t have Mystical qualities, or don’t think they do.

The part of the Mystical definition that stimulates my interest the most is…..# 2.

WHEN ONE THINKS THAT THEY ARE IN COMMUNION WITH THE ULTIMATE REALITY OR GOD.

When this communion takes place….the attitude from the multitudes

changes

dramatically...

and often times drastically.

And those changes can result in opinions….and….or…..actions that could be of negative consequences to the one having communion.




The thought of an interruption while having communion with the Ultimate Reality seems like a very rude form of interruption.

Of course it is extremely important to realize that when one says they are having communion with the Ultimate Reality…it is very possible that it might not be a true communion…it might be a pretend communion, or a communion with a lesser being…on a lower level….maybe just participating in a smaller piece of toast…perhaps just a crumb…a nibble….

AND I MUST INTERJECT HERE AND SAY ONE IMPORTANT THING. NO…I AM NOT REFERRING TO ANY BEING OF EVIL NOTORIETY.

When one speaks of the Ultimate Reality, it is fairly certain that between the human experience and the Ultimate Reality experience…there are probably numerous levels of experience….with numerous types of entities…and none of them have anything to do with anything…..negative.

AT LEAST NOT IN MY MYSTICAL REALITY…

“All evil might be entirely based in human physical behavior….and if that is true…then any negative afterlife experience…would seem like excessive behavior on the part of the Creator”…..or in this instance…The Ultimate Reality.

The above quote is from my Neo-Illumination Book and was given to me by ?????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.......

So I think I can safely say….at this point in my life….that I am most definitely Mystical and have possessed Mystical qualities for many, many years.

I have never wanted to be….or thought of myself as a Mystic.

Being able to explain the Mystical experiences in my life is something I enjoy doing through my writing and my art.

When I orally tell the stories, I immediately see glassy eyes and rapid attempts for movements away from the situation….and I completely understand the hasty retreat. I much prefer to use this form of expression…so that the departure is not visible. Being Mystical, I will admit to being slightly oversensitive….which I believe is just part of the process in becoming more Mystical.






Mystics…on the other hand…probably love to tell their stories…and couldn’t care less who stops listening or leaves the situation. I think its part of their endeavor, so that remunerations can be received at the moment of the story telling.

Mystical people create books, films, poems, songs, paintings and environmental organizations.

Mystics create religions, cults, terrorist camps and Republican re-districting plans.

Mystical people are always looking for answers regarding the ongoing human evolutionary process.

Mystics are people who think that this present time is the result of all previous events and that judgments are just around the corner.

I really don’t think people who have Mystical qualities…..trust Mystics.

Of course I am basing all of this on definitions from a dictionary. I am sure that certain Mystics have an entirely different definition for both words. And I would welcome any Mystic to come forth and set me straight.
I'm dying to be set straight....as is anyone experiencing the gift of being alive.

The more I learn from Mystics….the more Mystical I will become…but I have noticed that Mystics seem to be pre-occupied with the tasks at hand…so I don’t anticipate a lot of responses….after all…it’s a lot of work to start a religion or a cult or a terrorist camp or to begin those Republican re-districting plans.

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: