Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My current Art Form

My art is all done by hand. The abstract designs are a "flow-motion" moment, meaning that each line is one continuous line.

The amount of lines I use, determines how much painting will have to be done.
 
Sometimes the painting portion takes a couple of months....and I've had a few pieces that have taken multiple years to finish.
 
I have larger pieces that might never be finished.

My abstract face series, "Looking to the Left" is interesting because all the faces in the series are male. Realistic faces that I draw in my "Kiss me" series, are all female....I'm incapable of drawing serious faces of men, and I'm equally unable to create abstract faces of women.

I actually enjoy both styles, but of course the women are nicer to look at.....some much nicer than others.....and when friends of mine see the women that I draw, they always ask the same question....."who is that?" And I always have the same answer, "I don't know, because none of the babes have ever talked to me...(drawings can be so quiet)......but I'm waiting for that moment to happen."

Michael Timothy McAlevey

 

No comments: