Thursday, August 11, 2022

No excuses but there are reasons

 I've  never used this sentence before......

Those of you who read me, obviously know I haven't been using Mind Jazz very much over the last few months. 

 My spare (non-art) time has been spent reading and studying.  Reading is focused on fiction and studying is focused on fictional science subjects such as Black Hole theorizing, space/time conundrums, string-theory, metaverse nonsense and of course more Quantum situations that invariably have no answers so as they appear to be non-fictional exposés but in truth they are just more glamourous fictional theories.....

The fiction that has absorbed me belongs mainly to Daniel Silva.  His hero is an art restorer Israeli assassin who always has a female heroine involved in the central plot. His research is comprehensive and his time lines balance on the actual edge of reality.  

Our library in Santa Monica stopped charging late fees about six months ago so I pulled Mr. Silva's earlier work and caught up.  I now prefer to purchase his latest work, which I just did yesterday so while I'm waiting I will start reading the latest James Lee Burke novel that I also bought a few weeks ago. 

I hate the idea of buying books on Amazon but cheaper and next day free delivery is really hard to ignore.

James Lee Burke is one of the few authors that make me get a pad so I can write down words that I either don't know or want to use in the future. His paragraphs are beautiful.  His descriptions of nature are stunning.

*********************************************

The recent thrill of viewing the Webb images is truly notable.

The fact that I have to read Donald Trump's name every day in the newspaper is also truly notable but not enjoyable by any means.

The 60 million dollar settlement against Alex Jones is some of the best news I've read in a long long time.

The Dodgers MIGHT have the best hitting team in their history.....comparable to 1953.  When you add bench players I think they are absolutely the best.

I find it almost impossible that the international community is allowing Russian to do what they are doing. When you think that Hitler's generals tried to take him out more than 5 times....how come Putin's people are letting him get away with this?   The only answer is that they also want Russian territory restored.....and that's exactly how bigger wars get started.

I pray that the Universe gets a little more involved and somehow alters Russia's aggressive attitude....before somethings happens that makes Earth even more shaky........

I know one thing for sure.......

THERE ARE TOO MANY WEAPONS ON THIS PLANET

PERIOD!!!!!!!!




No comments: