Wednesday, December 25, 2019

2006-2019

13 years ago tomorrow I started Mind Jazz and in that first 7 days  I posted 22 times.  If you refer to the archives on the right side, below my favorite sites, you will see at the very bottom that there were 22 entries. I highly suggest, if you want a broad brush exposure, going back in that first couple of years and randomly select articles to read.

Some of those entries were things I had written before I started blogging and some were regarding my other projects such as Neo-Illumination and my artwork.

One of the postings was a song (Are You?) I had written and then altered to fit my "Leajewell"script.
I was just reading it again and thought it seemed relevant even though there is no actual non-fantasy person that I am currently directing energy toward.

It just seems relevant because I dig the idea of falling in love even though it is highly unlikely that IT will happen again in my lifetime.  Of course I'm the guy who thought McGovern would beat Nixon so I am capable of being surprised.

The lyrics to that song are below.....the melody to that song is on some tape stuffed in some box somewhere in my various boxes stuffed with stuff.

40 years ago I would refer to my writing as "stuff" and it still seems like the right term.

ARE YOU?


Are you the valley I should photograph
Or the mountain I can climb
Are you a song that I must sing
Or the poem I will rhyme

Are you a movie I might write
Or a melody just lurking in my mind
Maybe just a memory
Of something I can’t find

This thing you are
That I can’t seem to know
Just lingers very softly
Somewhere inside my soul

It’s a peaceful image
And incredibly beautiful to see
But it’s also very strange
That you’re not lying next to me

The energy that fills this void
Is strong and seems so real
But when I reach over to touch you
There’s nothing that I can feel

Are you the valley I should photograph
Or the mountain I can climb
Are you a song that I must write
Or the poem I will rhyme

If it’s just a dream
With no physical reality
Then it becomes a cosmic joke
That heaven plays on me

The laughter that is heard
From angels, demons and in between beings
Explains very clearly
Why no one hears my screams

Ha ha ha always overshadows boo hoo hoo
No matter where you live

A good laugh is better than a good tear
If that’s all you have to give



And I understand the truth
Why you can’t come to me
Even though I think
It’s somewhere you might like to be

I’m not real
in the space that is your dream
just a whisper in some illusion
of what love might mean

but I know you are out there
as I am in here
and sometime it would be nice
if this vision could be clear

maybe just a quick flash
that lights up my heart
and let’s me know that you know
that something just might start

I can’t make you come to me
No matter what I say
Just like there’s nothing I can do
To make you go away

Are you the valley I should photograph?
Or the mountain I can climb?
Are you a song that I must write?
Or the poem I will rhyme?

No comments: