Thursday, February 22, 2018

Still the winner

On my last post I mentioned that I like to find the hottest "chicks" in the Olympics.....and of course mention a few compelling stories.

There are quite a few that grabbed my attention and they usually operate around the ice skating rink.
After careful consideration I think I have to pick the winner as the same winner I choose 4 years ago and eight years ago.


Madison Chock didn't win a medal but who cares?

The Shaun White story seems compelling but maybe for the wrong reasons.  Time will tell if his past behavior weighs more than his athletic accomplishments.

I keep thinking that maybe Lance Armstrong shouldn't be so tortured....after all he just abused himself.

The Lindsay Vonn saga is very compelling and Trump supporters are somehow involved in the post game parade of comments.....claiming she lost the downhill because of "Karma."  She was quoted a few weeks ago saying she wouldn't go to the White House if invited.  I think the real karma drama centers around the fact that now she doesn't have to worry about being invited.  She is the most decorated skier in United States history and that should be enough to keep her warm at night.  Look for her to be a lead commentator next to Bodie Miller at the next winter Olympics in 2022.

The US women's Hockey team defeated Canada for the gold medal in one of the most exciting hockey games I've ever watched.

YOU CAN COUNT THE HOCKEY GAMES I'VE WATCHED BY HOLDING UP YOUR TWO HANDS....and the games I've watched are in the Winter Olympics.

Getting back to the "babes"


Tessa Virtue from Canada just completed her fourth Olympic games and she won the gold medal with her partner, in all aspects of life, Scott Moir for Ice Dancing.



This is them awhile back.



 This is them......Now....gold medals and wedding bands......great story.

Norway has 5 million people and leads everyone in medals.
Of course there are lots of blondies in Norway and since they were Vikings it makes sense that they excel in winter sports.



This speed skater's name is Hege Bokko and I'm not sure how to pronounce it but she is definitely Bokko ok to me.

The 16 year old Russian skater who leads after the short program easily had the coolest looking costume and I think it helped her take a slight lead over the older Russian skater who is 18.  They both have great poise and the final should be quite entertaining.









That's enough beauty for now......it's time to get back to the Curling finals.  By the way how about the Curling dude who got expelled for Performance Enhancing drugs?  How in the world will he ever live that down?

So far I'm just elated that no one got killed in the Big Air and Half Pipe contests......

THOSE GUYS AND GALS ARE INSANE......
but 
Madison Chock is still the winner......

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: