Tuesday, December 5, 2017

No interest

My last post was regarding the work of Louis L'Amour, the western author, and it's duly noted that it becomes the least viewed post since 2006.

This is an indication of two things:

Western development of the United States between 1850 and 1900 is extremely low on my readers list of literary experiences

Most of my readers have decided that they no longer care about anything I have to say


I will admit that in the 11 years since I've started Mind Jazz I have written about many different topics ranging from Science to Religion to Art to Politics to Music to Financial to Environmental to Philosophy to  Medical to Sports to Humor to Tragedy to Spirituality to Cosmology to Order to Chaos to Cinema to Color to Personal Success to Mental Blunders to Hypothesis to Hyperbole to Lecturing to Anomalies to Intelligence to Stupidity to Anger to Serenity to Questions to Answers to Speculation to Admiration to Beauty to Talent to Evil to Romance and on and on and on and on and of course to the fine art of
Literature

I had never mentioned Louis L'Amour and now that I have, I will either never mention him again or I will bring him up on a semi-regular basis until I feel that an adequate response has been generated.

It could be that I'm either very stubborn or that I just don't get the road signs and the directions they indicate.

I'm trying to expand your Universe

I realize fully that the size of the Universe is already so large that to assume your Universe is too small just indicates that I'm a bit off center when it comes to thinking about you.

You've probably learned by now
that
it's
all
about
me.

And perhaps that is the reason for the low number of views on my Louis L'Amour post.

Of course it is the start of the Holiday Season and people have much better things to do that spend time scrolling through a
Mind Jazz
post.

By the way.....the best Santa Claus I've ever personally seen works in the Santa Monica Place, right between Nordstroms and Bloomingdales and about forty feet away from the Tiffany and the Rolex stores....and about 20 feet from the Louis Vaitton and Johnny Was stores.

I guess you could say he's a High End Santa....but at $39 and $49 photo packages I 'm sure there are much more expensive locations.  My guess is that the Trump Tower in NY has a Santa that costs at least a bill.

After talking to him for a few minutes the other day I was very impressed and felt a bit jealous of those under 10 who haven't grown past the age of early belief systems created simply to make childhood a bit more fun.

I just realized that that might be the reason I enjoy Mr. L'Amour books.  Western fantasy tied in with historical reality makes for entertaining breaks from current realities.

These also would be great books for parents and grandparents to read to children between the ages of 5 and 12.

Reading to young people is one of life's great pleasures....and I feel sad for adults who haven't had that pleasure.

Happy Holidays

And by the way if you happen to be wondering about the other end of the spectrum.....the largest number of readers, during the last 11 years, always happens when I write about
NE0-ILLUMINATION.

So to quote Bill Murray from Caddyshack
"At least I've got that going for me"

Michael Timothy McAlevey








No comments: