Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Goodbye Goog;e Chrome and Hello Firefox

Operating system is Windows Vista and while it might be older it was working fine until Google Chrome no longer supported updates from Windows for XP and Vista.  I know XP no longer is supported by Microsoft but Vista was suppose to go until April of 2017.

I do want to thank Google Chrome for the excellent  three years of updates and accessibility.  I understand why the company is so valuable but like all things there comes a time to move along.

I am having slight problem removing Google Chrome from my program list and that doesn't surprise me in the least.

I've downloaded Firefox and will test their waters until the flood gates open.  The flood gates opening will be as a result of Windows no longer updating my Security Essential Security program.  At the bottom of my page I have a horrid orange symbol that should be a beautiful green system and I fully expect to see Chinese, Russian and whoever suddenly enter my computer and make my techno life a living hell.

I am using this short piece just for a test.

I might have some problems because of not using Google Chrome because Blogspot, the host of Mind Jazz, is a Google company and in the past whenever someone tried to cross pollinate information in the Windows, Internet Explorer world....Bill Gates would somehow create pain and suffering.

I'm not sure if Google is that vindictive but I suppose I will find out.

Only ten days away from the weirdness Inauguration day in the history of our country and all I'm praying for is WIND, WIND and more WIND.....so that we can really see what "Biff" looks like.

God help us and God bless the United States of America.

Michael Timothy McAlevey


No comments: