Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Sunday columnist.....not communist

I've notice over the last few years that I'm doing an average of one post a week on Mind Jazz. That's mainly due to energy directed toward visual artwork instead of l  e  t  t  e  r  s normally grouped together on a blank computer screen, except of course I don't always follow normal rules of literary engagement.  That might be due to a few different agenda's.  ONE being I'm not smart enough to be literally exact, TWO I don't have an editor and THREE.....I like things to look unique.  That personal style doesn't always translate to looking better but it does spice up the page.

I think I've  always wanted to have a weekly Sunday column that dealt with current events.  Of course I would prefer that the column appear as a nationally syndicated "event"....like Doonesbury. I'm never as funny and never as colorful as Garry even though I do utilize color when making certain points.  One of the benefits of posting like this is that I can actually create
as
much

negative

space

as

I

want.....
something that could never happen in a weekly newspaper....and besides, the newspaper seems to shrinking in size as well as influence, even though some of us will never not enjoy the holding of a paper at the beginning of each day.  We are shrinking along with the newspaper business.

BEING ABLE TO STRESS A POINT BY USING THE DIFFERENT TOOLS ON A KEYBOARD
AND HAVING NO RESTRICTIONS
ON
SPACE
or
TIME
is
a plus

The fact that I only have between 60 and 100 readers
is less than a plus
BUTathisstageofmylife
itiswhatitis

SIDEBAR:  Within ten years will conversations be like text messages with simple abbreviations only?  "Omg Wtf Dystp?  Pronounce those letters and listen to your self.  That could be one the results from text messaging.


I'm pretty sure that this song by Roy Orbison from 1967 was his anti Viet-Nam song.  Don't know for sure but love the song.

All of us that were against the war in Viet-Nam were called commies, pinko's and hippies and now one of those dudes is trying to be President of the United States.  That's kind of amazing when you think his supporters are generally under the age of 30.

I'm on board until it flips over.


Michael Timothy McAlevey





No comments: