Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bowe and so many thoughts

The situation with Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has so many layers and my guess is that we might never determine the actual ramifications until classified documents are declassified.  I've read too many spy novels to reach any conclusions at this point.

The story has a "HOMELAND" feel to it and if Mark Wahlberg is somehow involved in the production I won't be surprised.  My guess is that because of the HBO show we won't be seeing any photo ops with Bowe and President Obama anytime in the near future.....or ever.

Observing what we've seen and heard so far:

The father looks like he's part of the Taliban but then it's important to remember that he might just be a rural Idaho type resident.

The Internet rumor chain has gone wacko on this dude and I've read stories already where he's responsible for multiple American deaths.....MULTIPLE.  Pretty soon he's going to be blamed for the United States being in Afghanistan.

The outpost he disappeared from was really not an outpost but his pup tent and gear.....which he apparently left behind when he started walking to India.  If the Taliban did take him why didn't they take his stuff?  Is their stuff better than ours?  I bet they, or he, took his iPhone.

The Taliban guys released from Guantanamo Bay are wanted by international authorities for the deaths of thousands of Shiite Muslims.  I would think Qatar might not be the safest place for them but then again I never learned about Qatar until a few years ago.  I do know it's strictly an oil and natural gas territory that is considered one of the wealthiest states in the region....and the population consists of 20% Pakistani and 20% Indian....which must make it a fairly uptight community.  There are 650,000 people in Qatar and now 5 of them are on the Shiite's most wanted list because Qataris are followers of the Wahhabi brand of Sunni Islam.

Please remember that most of the problems in the Middle East, Northern Africa  and South Asia are due to the 1,400 year old schism between Sunni and Shiite Islamic fundamentalists.  And the only thing they might have in common is an innate hatred of the Jewish community.....and of course Satan....better known as America.  (Their term not mine)

Please rest assured that if he did desert his post the military will court-martial his ass faster than you can say Assalamu Alaikum. 

I'm just worried that they infected him with another strange version of MERS and sent him on his way......but like I said I read way too many fiction novels and am probably just a permanently fictionalized paranoid basket case.

Maybe now you understand why I post music on Sundays.........everyone needs a break from time to time.

I think I'll just change the channel and watch Ozzie and Harriet.

Good luck Bowe and I hope for your sake that this entire episode was planned years ago by the Reagan Administration and you turn out to be a full on human spy drone for the United States of America.

Michael Timothy McAlevey




















No comments: