Saturday, May 11, 2013

Carbon Dioxide levels or Mother's day salute

When my mom passed away in 1980 carbon dioxide was probably 385 ppm.

Carbon dioxide was measured at 400 parts per million at the oldest monitoring station which is in Hawaii sets the global benchmark. The last time the worldwide carbon level was probably that high was about 2 million years ago, said Pieter Tans of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. (AP)

In 1980 I would imagine that carbon dioxide measurements were probably known by less than 1 percent of the world's population. 

WHO AM I KIDDING?.......one hundredth of one percent is more likely.

Today a much larger portion of the population is aware but I'm sure the number of people who actually understand what these numbers mean for the human experience...is quite low.

My mom would think I had taken acid if I had brought it up in 1980....and she would have been correct if it had been a few years earlier. 

By the way this is the first time in my blogging career that acid has been mentioned twice in a row.
I wonder if I am looking for answers from interior windows of my mind.

Maybe it's time to listen to some Mother's day songs.

Guess what?   Nobody has ever created a standard Mother's Day song.....so



I still love you mom and thank you for everything you did for me.  Happy Mother's Day and could you talk to someone in upper management about lowering the Carbon Dioxide numbers.......getting down to 360 or so would be sweet.

Love
Timmy


No comments: