Saturday, April 13, 2013

One above the rest

This planet, that we presently share, currently has 7 billion human inhabitants and without too much calculating I would guess there have been 107, 648, 352, 092 of us since 50,000 B.C. 

Actually it turns out that a math professor friend of mine, Dr. Francis J. Conlan 111, took 5 hours to come up with this number.  If you have a different number let me know.

I have trouble with any math problem that ranges outside of the ten fingers and ten toes attached to my body, so by all accounts it would have taken me 24 years to find a number that made mathematical sense.

Please always keep in mind that making mathematical sense ranks pretty low on my personal talent range scale.....right below car repairing and Olympic ski jumping.


Of the 107 plus billion people who have been on  Earth I can easily say that Jonathan Winters might be in the top 5 of  MFHBWL  most funny human being whoever lived.

One has to consider comedy in a strange context because before 1900 the only comedy which appeared was done on stages during a performance of Shakespeare.  Being a court jester during medieval times doesn't count because a poor performance resulted in a beheading  and I just can't see where comedy makes any sense under that type of pressure.

For a mutual reference point it's imperative that we reach an understanding of when stand up comedians and comedic actors started to appear in a context that would allow us to record their talents.

I put that date around 1900 when things begin to take shape in the electronic reality of our awareness.

Since 1900 there has never been a funnier person than Jonathan Winters....and since the written word was the only humor before than, I can safely say......Jonathan Winters is the funniest  person who has ever lived.

I don't give a sh.t what you think....but that's just my sick sense of humor.

 
 
 
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Winters about 14 years ago when he came to a dance recital at Pepperdine University where my daughter Lily was doing something similar to what Mr. Winter's granddaughter was doing. We were outside and I introduced myself and asked him about his paintings.  He took a few minutes and I'll never forget what he said...........he said the secret to great art was........was.......was..........
 
I don't remember
and
I'm
never
going
to
remember
so
quit
bugging
me
 
ALL I KNOW IS THAT IF YOU SPEND A FEW HOURS ON
YOU TUBE
WITH
  JONATHAN WINTERS
    YOU WILL COME AWAY KNOWING HOW
ROBIN WILLIAMS
WAS
CREATED
 
A TRUE ORIGINAL
AND
A
GENIUNE
COMEDIC
GENIUS
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: