Friday, March 1, 2013

Wild Bees

It's been awhile since I wrote about CCD and the BEE situation. CCD has a new twist. An agricultural scientist in Argentina now says that Domestic Bees don't do the same amount of work as Wild Bees.

Wild Bees sounds like a great name for a rock band....in fact I think I'll try to buy the domain name.

www.wildbees.com

Maybe I'll even rename my site......or share the site name......MIND JAZZ / WILD BEES or Wild Mind Jazz Bees.....Bees Mind Jazz Wild.......or ???????????????

The almond industry in California spends $239 million each year on rented Domestic Honey Bees to pollinate their orchards.  WILD BEES can do it for free.  The problem is that habitats for WILD BEES and other pollinating insects such as Butterflies, Beetles and Flies ( yes, I said  flies) have been destroyed.  Plowing landscapes into single-crop fields and orchards eliminates natural environment for the growth of wild pollinators....and farmers have to turn around and rent the little workers.

When Domestic Bees are mixed with Wild Bees the Domestic Bees work harder and get more done....so that leads me to believe that Wild Bees are the Bosses of the Domestic Bees.

Colony Collapse Disorder is a recorded collapse of Domesticated Bees......not WILD BEES.

I wonder how many Wild Bees are Killer Bees?

If we add the names together we get a gangsta mentality term.......WILD KILLER BEES!

www.wildkillerbees.com sounds more like a punk band.

The only thing I've really learned is that no one still knows what is causing CCD....but it might B that BEES don't like to B domesticated (DB) and they simply are staging a giant BEE protest.  Maybe they aren't disappearing but simply hiding out with the Wild Bees.  I'm pretty sure that if I was a DB I'd much rather B a WB....but then again that's just me beeing me.

After all is said and done......and I hate to sound raciest........but they all really do look alike...and who is actually doing the counting of Wild Bees?

Imagine if all the missing bees are actually in well hidden training camps throughout the world, learning how to be wild again.  Once they are totally organized then they will form a union and demand that the human race stop destroying natural habitats.  If the human race refuses then the entire bee population will withhold pollination services and we will be forced to domesticate
FLIES to do their job.

GROSS!

I can't even contemplate what a FLY HIVE would be like.

Butterfly Hives sound cooler but they move around so gracefully and slow that the work would never get done.

And there is no way that I'm getting near a Beetle Hive....and do all beetles pollinate?  Do beetles fly to flowers are climb the stems?

I'm pretty sure we need to figure out a solution with the Bees and if it means sitting down with the Wild Bee leaders then I think it's something that we should do.

It's hard to sit down with ANYONE that has different beliefs and different viewpoints but it's something that obviously needs to BEE done.

Michael Timothy McAlevey









No comments: