Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I realize I'm older but.....

I know younger people (even though we don't cruise together)  than me but I never hear from them on what new recording artist I should listen to......last year I went to a Fun. concert and nobody ( I know) seem to know who they were.

It would seem that actual daughter Lily and my two surrogate daughters, Laura and Grace, would keep me casually informed about great new singers and songwriters.

I don't understand why nobody has told me, or anyone I know, about Annie Erin Clark....better known as St. Vincent.

She recorded an album last year, Love this Giant, with David Bryne and they are touring together in 2013.  They were on David Letterman in January but to be honest David pretty much steals the stage.
Annie was simply eye candy and wonderful eye candy if I can be so cavalier. She is not only a great musician but she might be the prettiest adult singer/songwriter I've seen in a very long time.  Taylor Swift is almost an adult but not quite yet.

Annie Erin Clark will be a much bigger star than she is today and touring with David Bryne will not ruin her climb up the popularity charts.  I anticipate that she will write some songs in the next few years that will move her into a new category.  Right now she's like a mysterious poet who plays with words in a fashion that fits her musical idiosyncrasies.

She is one of the most unique entertainers I seen in quite awhile and I haven't even seen her in person. 

She could gravitate into any genre but right now she seems quite satified with the electronic tools at her disposal.

I'd like to hear more songs with just the guitar but that's my ancient self talking.






These four pictures shown above might be the least favorite of mine.  Her true beauty is captured while performing.  Still pictures do her no justice.

 
If she put on a pair of glasses I might
melt.
 
HUGE TALENT
 
 
 


No comments: