Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lasers are the future

From Wikipedia

A laser is a device that emits light (electromagnetic radiation) through a process of optical amplification based on the stimulated emission of photons. The term "laser" originated as an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.[1][2] The emitted laser light is notable for its high degree of spatial and temporal coherence, unattainable using other technologies.
Spatial coherence typically is expressed through the output being a narrow beam which is diffraction-limited, often a so-called "pencil beam." Laser beams can be focused to very tiny spots, achieving a very high irradiance. Or they can be launched into a beam of very low divergence in order to concentrate their power at a large distance.

I experienced first hand on Friday what the "pencil Beam" version can do.

As with ALL men who reach a certain age I developed a prostate that decided, on its own, to make itself larger and larger until it started to grow into my bladder.

The problem first started around ten years ago and like most men I decided to ignore the early warning signs......with the end result of that ignorance being Laser Prostate Surgery. This procedure basically replaces the TURP procedure which drills a hole through the prostate and recovery can be lengthy and requires a hospital stay.

My procedure took place at 3 pm and I could have left the hospital at 7:30 if not for a strange reaction by my left leg. It wouldn't move and I couldn't put any weight on it. Apparently humans have an IT BAND that runs down their legs and if a certain position is maintained for to long than that BAND can become inactive. A few hours of hobbling around and I was good to go and left the hospital seven hours after the treatment.......and as of this moment I am 98%.

I go back to the doctor on Monday to have the catheter removed and begin the process of learning how to urinate, on my own again, for the first time in 5 years.

The catheter, my best friend, has allowed me to sleep normal hours at night, play golf without having to take a bathroom break and it has been a reassurance that nothing would back up into the Kidneys....which six years ago took a major hit because of the enlarged prostate that I was ignoring for four years.

When your kidneys take a hit it's a major wake up call. Kidney's are the most perplexing organ for the medical field. You go on a waiting list or you go on dialysis....or you drink cranberry juice.
You only need one operating at 80% to have normal bodily functions. The Kidney's can repair themselves up to a certain point, but once they've been damaged they won't ever operate at 100%....which is ok.

After reading about the treatment that I had on Friday it's obvious that the future of fighting growth aliments, which appear inside the body, will be attacked on a regular basis by the laser.

As nano-technology further develops it would seem obvious that lasers will eventually be used to attack cancer cells. I realize that would require very small machinery but reading about nano-anything simply blows one's mind.

The bottom line on this experience FOR MALES with prostate issues

DON'T IGNORE EARLY WARNING SIGNS
DON'T PANIC UNLESS YOUR PSA COUNT IS WELL ABOVE 10
DO BE AFRAID TO USE A CATHETER IF YOU GET UP MORE THAN THREE TIMES A NIGHT TO PEE
CHOOSE LASER PROCEDURE INSTEAD OF TURP.
BUT
MAINLY
DON'T IGNORE EARLY WARNING SIGNS

Now it's on to
how to control a rapid pulse rate in a healthy heart.

It's very perplexing to cardiologists and those guys are super smart.
But my cardiologists looks like Harry Connick Jr. so I feel I'm in good hands.

Yes, I know that's a shallow attitude but I'm a face man and always will be.

For the frist time in six years I'm going to have to learn to say....."excuse me I've got to go to the loo."

We all have to make certain adjustments in life and I'm pretty sure I can remember how to excuse myself....in the meantime, probably for the last time, I sit here and write my blog without having to take a bathroom break...

aaaahhhhhh!hhhhhh.....

Michael Timothy McAlevey











No comments: