Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween and SEVEN BILLION

The United Nations announced that today the population of the planet Earth reached 7 BILLION......which is kinda spooky until you look at other numbers.

Considering that there are 100 thousand million stars in our Milky Way galaxy....7 billion doesn't seem like much. Then you consider that there are hundreds of billions of other galaxies and the numbers become HUGE.

Trillions of stars in the Universe and only one United Nations. I wonder if they have an opinion on Universe population. Maybe they should start considering the bigger picture and it might make it easier to make sure that all 7 billion have a daily share of food and water.

We can handle that responsibility....don't you think?

Imagine the amount of candy that will be distributed tonight in America....and then imagine how much will be thrown away over the next ten days.

Imagine one hundredth of that amount being sent to African children living in refuge camp cities.

Hershey's should do a fly over and drop millions of little Kisses......the survivors would be addicted for life.

The fact that there probably wouldn't be a lot of survivors is the real spooky thought....but then again it's Halloween and I hear the door bell ringing.

Time to make America a little bit fatter.

Of course I always buy candy that I like to eat, so if the attendance is down I have sweets for the next two weeks. It might be the only candy I buy in bulk all year. Maybe I should take a few pieces and UPS them to Africa. Probably going to have a melting issue unless I use the cold ice packs like See's does.

Halloween is a strange event......it can't be called a Holiday because nothing is closed.

I do enjoy asking little kids on the street if I can have a piece of candy. Generally they always reach in their bag and hand it over. Sometimes they look at me like I've lost my mind.....but then I say trick or treat and they share.

Odd night to be out in the streets harassing little kids don't you think? But it's actually the only night of the year where rules get tossed and kids and adults mingle out in the neighborhoods.

BOO!

Michael Timothy McAlevey


No comments: