Monday, September 12, 2011

Lots of reminders and some football too

Yesterday was a abundance of remembering something most of us would like to forget but of course that's like trying to forget your own birthday. The older one gets.....the more one tries to ignore the inevitable. Of course there is an entire generation that doesn't have the images stuck in their mind except for what we feed them.




Some of the things we feed them include comparisons to Pearl Harbor, but when that happens it gives much too much credence to a band of extremists. Islamic suicide squads cannot be linked to a well armed country that was hell bent on controlling half of the world. I wonder how Germany and Japan would have gone about sharing the world if they had been victorious. I'm sure a war between those two would have taken place fairly soon after the end of WW ll. Talk about two crazy entities.




I'm pretty sure it was predetermined in the heavens that both those countries would get their asses kicked.




I'm really hoping that the same ass kicking will apply to any group of extremists who think that murder and suicide is an honorable experience.




And then after all the ceremonies were complete......... there were professional football games played where each and every one of the participants tried to knock the heads off of anybody not wearing their same uniform.




My team (RAMS) started off perfect and then everything went downhill. Not only did they lose but six of their most important players got hurt. Maybe they were just honoring the victims of 9/11 by becoming victims themselves.




I love it when professional athletes are giving and responsible.




Anyway....9/11 is behind us for another year, unless of course we had a family member taken that day....and then it's a forever hole that just sits there and hopefully gets slowly filled with love and wonderful human interactions. Some times the hole never gets any smaller and wonderful human interaction just doesn't take place.




And sometimes that's even sadder than the actual event which created the hole.




The American people seem to be a people that appear very capable of filling the hole....and for that I'm really thankful to be part of the experience....and again I feel very lucky to have been born in just such a place.




Now the real question is.......did I pick it or am I just a random accident?




I'd like to believe my true nature has something to do with where I am and who I want to be.




My true nature being.....the non-physical reality that has no time clock.




And that is really another subject for another day.




For now......have a nice 9/12....9/13......9/14....and on and on and on.......




Michael Timothy McAlevey








No comments: