Friday, April 1, 2011

One time every year



I woke up this morning and heard the news that everything was under control with the nuclear power plant in Japan. The news also stated that Japan was going to shut down all 55 reactors and devote their full technological resources to building Wind, Solar, Geo-thermal and ocean current renewable energy plants.


I opened the paper and read where Kadafi has not only apologized for being a wacko but that every citizen in Libya was going to receive 250,000 U.S. dollars. The article stated that he would still have 1 billion dollars for himself and that he was planning on building an estate on the island of Cuba and would be moving there immediately. Apparently he and Castro are golfing buddies.


Then I turned to page two and read an article about how Hamas has decided to start practicing Transcendental Meditation and would no longer be in need of their rockets and hand held grenade launchers. They said they would be turning everything over to Israel within the next ten days. Israel then announced that Palestine would now be recognized as a nation and all walls will be removed. Those same walls will be shipped to Japan to be installed along the coast to help repel any future tsunamis.


I then flipped on the radio and heard a story that Iran had fired Ahmadinejad and replaced him with a Iranian Roman Catholic Cardinal who had been working directly under the Pope.


In the Sports section of the LA Times I saw that the Dodgers had won their first game of the season and the Lakers had beat Dallas by 28 points.............Seriously!

The Dodgers announced that Clayton Kershaw would pitch every game of the season. The Lakers announced that they would try to have more players ejected in the next game. Maybe then they will have to let Luke Walton play more than two minutes.


In the business section there was a small story regarding Google giving everyone who ever used Google....$1000.00. A special one time thank you gesture. Then the phone rang and a gallery at Bergamot Station decided that they wanted to handle my work and would October be a good time for my show? I said I'd have to think about it.


I went out to get my mail and found a letter from Lion's Gate. They somehow had read my Leajewel and The Cat's Wind scripts and were interested in making the films. In the letter they asked me if I had any more projects and could I please bring them to our meeting.


I can't believe what a great day this is.......

and neither should you.


Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: