Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Martin Sheen and his various creations

Martin Sheen, actor and activist, has always been one of my favorite celebrities. He seems so grounded and has always been able to explain his actions in a calm and sensible manner. I recall his anti-nuke arrests with fond memories.

One of his creations seems to be operating in an entirely different field than the one Martin plays in....but in actuality it's probably Martin's fault that Charlie is the way he is.

Let's get something clear right off the bat.....The Charlie Sheen Reality Show is compelling TV.

I don't like the knife stories or the life threatening accusations by women he has rented for the evening....but the Charlie rants are rare visitations into the mind of a celebrity gone wild.

I'm thinking he should run for Senate....or Congress.........those two rooms are full of hypocrisy and bullshit that always seems to be covered up by stoic and righteous behavior. Maybe Charlie could liven the place up and reduce the amount of lying that takes place on an hourly basis.

Another great idea for Charlie is for him to buy the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Think how much fun the clubhouse would be and if they aren't going to play well at least they can party well. The media coverage would be large.

Imagine the bat girls!

I didn't think the TV exposure of his children was very bright....and today I see they were handed back to the mom. The odd part of today's story is that the mom, Brooke Muller, had moved back into Charlie's house a month ago. It was a small part of the story but in my mind a very important part.

I'm actually thinking that what Charlie would really like is for all the women and all the children in his life to simply move in. He might need a much bigger house. That would solve a lot of problems and maybe the children could insure that everybody would be on their best behavior.

YEAH RIGHT!

Charlie could obviously take some lessons from the master of harmonious expansion.........Hugh Hefner.

I see fighter pilots flying supersonic jets across the sky and simply marvel at the difference in our live styles.

Charlie is a fighter pilot who can't remember where to land his machine so he just keeps screaming across the celebrity horizon waiting for someone to shoot him down.

I suspect that TV evangelism is probably next on his list.

Maybe his soul will actually rise up and propel him to some spiritual awakening that has nothing to do with organized religion.

He's got the platform....now he just needs the awareness.

It really is an entertaining show but I like happy endings and this doesn't appear to be headed in that direction.

I hope I'm wrong.....for Martin's sake.....because after all the hoopla and bells and whistles and ridiculous media coverage, this comes down to a story about a father and a mother and a brother and a son.

Just another family trying to sort out the vibrations of experiencing life in the 21st Century.

I'll say a prayer and then hope Charlie decides to buy some of my artwork.

We all have an agenda......don't we?

Michael Timothy McAlevey

1 comment:

Unknown said...

was so sick of the whole charlie sheen coverage and avoiding (trying) all agencies that gave it a nod until i read your post - thanks for bringing it into some odd perspective, something I can wrap my head around, feel some charitable connection with.
sharon h