Monday, February 14, 2011

My baby boomer take on the Grammy's

I was working on a piece of art last night and decided to watch the Grammy's for a little musical interlude.



Few notable observations.


Didn't Taylor Swift sell about a billion albums last year?
Her name was never mentioned.

Whatever Mick Jagger is taking......I want some.

Was Bob Dylan going to start laughing during the performance?

Barbara could have lip-synced and nobody would have cared....she's Barbara.

Who was that tall school teacher chick on the right during the opening number?

It would be so cool if Bruno Mars wasn't gay. He's really talented. Is he gay? Hard to tell.
Doesn't really matter....but if he's straight then he might be the new pop king.

Arcade Fire? Seriously? Do they do the music on CSI Moscow? It was really like background chaos. I realize I'm old but AC/DC could teach them a few things about rhythm.

And the strobe lights gave me a headache.....can't imagine being in the room.

Justin and Will Smith's kid will be replaced, very soon, by those babies on the E-Trade ads.

Lady Gaga has started working out. She needs to be careful that she doesn't develop Elton John's figure.

And since I mentioned AC /DC I've got to ask....... why aren't they doing the Grammy's?
Talk about setting the room on fire.

Katy Perry needs to have some kids with Russell Brand and just relax.

Muze had an interesting sound. Their LED light show was brilliant. Great use of the technology.

Marshall Mathers and Jerry Mathers (The Beav) are not related. Marshall seems like half the enrollment at a local community college. He and Bill Murray should open a clothing store.
Oh yeah I forgot there's already a Goodwill store. And if anyone knows about it....it would be me.

If Neil Young is going to come to the party then they need to make sure he plays a song.

And seriously.....what is Mick taking? He wasn't even breathing hard. All I could think about was when are The Stones tour dates going to be announced? I'm so ready.

One thing that can be said about the Grammy's. We sure don't have to worry about the awards interfering with the performances. Apparently they hand a bunch out the night before. In a few years there will be no awards handed out at the show.....just a list underneath. And I also noticed there were multiple ads selling recordings of the Grammy show. No Video....just audio. I guess CBS controls that puppy. Will they make it available on Netflix in a few months? They don't replay award shows. ....do they?

The Grammy's might be the only award show that could be marketed later.

And the best performance
of the night goes to.....

MICK JAGGER.
cus I need you...you...you.....
Michael Timothy McAlevey.




















1 comment:

mickey carroll said...

Watching the Grammys last night brought back memories . My album from years ago is back out and doing great . Eric Schilling of the Grammy Trust Association endorsed it and helped to re-release it . Nominated for a Grammy in 1978 and still sounds wonderful . Released on Vision Records Miami and Banderia Music Korea

Preview and download songs from Love Life by Mickey Carroll on iTunes.