Sunday, February 6, 2011

Family business


I've read my share of vampire crap over the last 30 years. For awhile I was into the Ann Rice take on blood sucking creatures but gradually grew uninterested due to a personal limit of how much blood one can handle that leaves the body. I've seen the Twilight movies but have not read the books.
I've been waiting for a sequel to the original story by Bram Stoker.
That sequel is here and I highly suggest that all vampire freaks run out and buy this book.
The book is called DRACULA The Un-Dead and it happens to have been co-written by a relative of Bram Stoker.....Dacre Stoker. Darce is a great grandnephew of Bram and he really does a great job of adding a new twist to the story.
I don't want to reveal the twists and turns........... so I won't.
Suffice to say I love the direction the story takes and it opens entire new possibilities.
Possibilities lead to more stories and more sequels.
I'm not sure the world needs more vampire stories but this one adds an entirely new take on why Count Dracula did what he did.
Check it out and if you loved the original story don't fall into the trap of.... changes are not suppose to take place when dealing with the original.
"You can change what ever you like in a fictional piece of work, if the changes work"
And especially one can make changes if one is a relative.
The changes in Dracula The Un-Dead work beautifully.
Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: