Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Obviously I wasn't the only one....BUT

My last entry focused on the event in Tucson and how right wing "ferocious" attitudes could have enticed the 22 year idiot to violence. I didn't realize at the time that so many people felt exactly the same way.

I thought for a few minutes that I was the only one who noticed.

Turns out I wasn't.

Now the main spokesperson for the right wing, Sarah Palin, is taking up the mantle to say that the left is completely off their rockers. She calls the viewpoints...."BLOOD LIBEL."

"Acts of monstrous criminality stand on their own,” she said. “They begin and end with the criminals who commit them."

Ms. Palin is really opening a can of worms with that statement. I would hope that a slight increase in intelligence would allow her to see that family, friends and social influences all matter when it comes to both good and bad behavior.

Mental disorders play a huge part in irrational behavior and a person who is mentally unstable can be pushed in a direction that could prove ugly.

When the pushing comes from figures of authority....and unfortunately media personalities are figures of authority in our media crazed world......then blame can be placed.

All I was saying in the previous article was that the verbal hostility by certain media personalities has gotten out of hand. But the bigger and scary concept is their.....POPULARITY.

Now it's time to ask.....just how popular are they?

I'm going to spend a few days doing the actual research on the viewing and listening numbers and then I will pass them along when finished. My gut feeling is the percentage of people really paying attention to the radical right wing is much smaller that one might think.

How many people listen to Rush Limbaugh?
How many people watch Sean Hannity?
How many people think Sarah Palin is smart?
How many people watch Glenn Beck?

I believe this is a centrist country and that fanatics on the left and fanatics on the right are simply louder than the middle.

Attempting to rally the middle to extreme points of view seems to be the quest of the right. The radicals on the left are making movies, music and art.

Again I can't help thinking that this is part of the Karl Rove agenda.

Anyway.....I'm off to the yellow brick road research center and I will find out just how large or small.....the listening and viewing numbers are.

In the meantime....both sides need to.....

Calm the f..k down.!

Michael Timothy McAlevey












No comments: