Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just a reminder

Within 550 miles of Los Angeles we have Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Within 550 miles of Israel they have Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Greece, Cyprus, Armenia, Libya, Bulgaria, Georgia, Iran.....and Palestine.

Talk about living in the middle of a hornet's nest. I suppose you could say we have hostile feelings from Mexico but it can't be that bad when they keep trying to move here in record numbers.

Israel might have a friend in Greece and some in Turkey but the rest of them are pissed off neighbors.

Think how strange it is when you have someone in your neighborhood who seems to always be pissed off. If you don't have one of those then you probably don't know your neighbors and you might be that guy.

Imagine living everyday with the thought that no one around you likes you.

How in the world can we change those vibes?

I realize that residents of Israel have learned to adjust but that adjustment comes with an attitude that says "f..k em all." And especially "f..k those little motherf..kers living on the Gaza strip."

I understand hostility and from where it is born....but I have to believe that something could change in the region if someone just eased up a bit.....and unfortunately for supporters of Israel,I think that falls on the back of the Israeli government.

I think they have to start behaving like they aren't going anywhere....which they aren't. They seem to still be fighting for their right to be there. They are there and they ain't going nowhere and while they try to convince all the hostile neighbors around them they seem to forget their own reality.

I understand that they will answer with..."give our enemies a little breathing room and they will try to destroy us."

I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. Israel has one big advantage and that advantage is called the United States of America.

What they need to be doing is spreading the love. Israel needs to relax regarding the Gaza Strip and they need to recognize that Palestine has some property rights somewhere within the territory.

They need to stop treating the Palestinians like everybody in their immediate neighborhood has been treating them since 1949.

By displaying a bigger heart than all the uptight neighbors around them they might be able to ease the tension. If it doesn't work they can always go back to the tough guy mode.

A few years ago I got into trouble with some friends because my answer to solving the MET (Middle East Tension) was to simply move Israel to South Florida.

That didn't go over well because I'm not as funny as Jerry Seinfeld and then when I said I wasn't joking my Jewish friends called me a hater and an idiot.

I might be an idiot but I'm not a hater. I was trying to bring peace and calm to The Chosen People and South Florida seemed like a win-win situation. Not only would they be around people who cared about them but their extraordinary military abilities and machines( mainly aircraft) would protect us from the goof balls in the Southern Hemisphere.

At the time I had completely overlooked our interest in middle east oil reserves and therefore realized that our only true ally in the region needed to stay put until we no longer were dependent on foreign oil reserves. That might take another 20 years so I've put the relocation idea on hold and now am trying a more direct idea in order to bring some peace and harmony to the 6 million residents living within the Israeli borders.

THAT IDEA IS TO EXHIBIT TOTAL LOVE AND START BY RECOGNIZING THE PALESTINIAN GOVERNMENT.

I realize that the Palestinians can't really figure out who controls what within their government, but as long as they don't exhibit any acts of violence then it doesn't matter.

I would like to hear anyone's idea for solving the tension in the middle east that doesn't include simply kicking the shit out of someone else.

OR IS THERE TRULY NO PEACEFUL SOLUTION TO THE SITUATION?

I refuse to believe that fellow members of the human race can't figure this crap out.

MICHAEL TIMOTHY MC ALEVEY




















No comments: