Monday, April 19, 2010

Seriously want to upset Grandma

If you are looking for a way to blow your Grandma's mind then I highly suggest you pack her in the Prius and get to the local multi-plex and have her watch....KICK-ASS.

The problem will be that you might be laughing too hard to worry about grandma's reaction.

I will be amazed if this movie doesn't attract every 18-29 year old in America. And last time I checked, isn't that the special demographic that everybody shoots for....when creating content for film and television?

I think my dad wants to see it.......and at 90, he's a wee bit out of the special demographic. The review in the paper got him interested enough to mention the movie to me. I went to see it based on his review report, and now I'm passing it along.

The movie is fast paced and well written. The young girl, Chloe Grace Moretz, obviously steals the film and will forever be known as the first 11 year old girl to say MOTHERF--KER in a major motion picture. The cool thing about the MF moment is that no other expression would have worked.

Sometimes certain words have a life of their own and thank god society has changed enough that many people watching the movie, including me, laugh their ass's off. On the other hand I don't know your Grandma but there's a good chance she might smack you for taking her.

Then again there are some pretty amazing Grandma's out there and there's a good chance she might want to watch it a second time.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to see it again....and I can't even say that about Avatar.

Michael Timothy McAlevey








No comments: