Thursday, November 12, 2009

IF and one fast girl

Yesterday in the Business section of the LA Times there was a small blurb about
AIG
Moody's said that the insurer bailed out by the U.S. would be able to repay its $44-billion Federal Reserve credit line and "much or all" of the Treasury Department's $40-billion investment in the company if
financial markets stabilized.

THAT MIGHT BE THE LARGEST IF I EVER SEEN.

THAT IS AN $84-BILLION DOLLAR IF

It's comparable to me saying if I ran faster than Usain Bolt I could whip his ass every time
or
If I had more money that Warren Buffet
or
If a monkey flew out of my ass
or
on and on and on

I suppose the financial markets will stabilize at some point in time but when oil is $80 dollars a barrel and probably going higher and gold is $1100 an ounce and a US T-Bill pays 0.16% over six months.....it appears that the stabilization could be quite a ways off.

First and foremost unemployment has to drop below 9% for any chance of stabilization...

I like to be the guy working for the government trying to collect on the $84 Biilion from AIG.

Ring ring ring

"Good morning, my name is JOE and I'm calling regarding a rather large past due amount. Is there someone available to write me a check for $84 Billion or do I need to speak with your supervisor? I like to get this taken care of before the weekend."

The land of IF......

The largest land in the universe.

And what exactly determines stabilization?

Every economists has an opinion on that answer and the odd thing about that fact is that they all have a different opinions.

Kind of like handicappers at the track.

Speaking of the track
the Zenyatta story was one for the ages

They could have a match race with Rachel Alexander and Zenyatta and guarantee
them more than they could make in their entire lives.

I can't wait to see the movie.

Michael Timothy McAlevey











No comments: